08 weight

CH.CRAFT

Registered
I put my 08 on the scales today at the dragstrip, 540 lbs., pretty close to what i thought going by the advertised wet weight of 573 lbs. I was not able to weigh it prior to the 4-2-1 install which dropped 36 lbs.

Thanks for the info. I wondered how much weight it droped when I swaped to 4 into 1.

Yep....she's a pig no matter how u cut it :laugh:

pig-in-mud.jpg

i had put mine on the scale at work before... 20lb increments. Not very close to be accurate...:banghead:
oh yea !, i remember your post now, i had forgotten about it. It's funny that your work scale shows the same weight. The scales at the track were installed earler this year as required by the ihra for our first national event race and is very accurate, it's a "two pad" digital scale that gives the total weight and front and rear axle weigh on cars, of course the hayabusa wheel base is too short so you only use one pad. The old scale was a large single pad which looked simular to the one in your picture. I weighed myself first and it was only a pound different from the doctors office scale where i weighed earler in the week. My 2003 yamaha 400 kodiak 4 wheeler weighed 569 lbs. I weighed my race car, 68 camaro big block, and my 04 vette z06 and were both 3205 lbs., i couldn't believe they were exactly the same weight ! The weight bias was not the same, the vette was 1746 front and 1459 rear, the camaro was 1850 front and 1355 rear. The vette transmission is in the rear which helps the weight bias a lot. The camaro is a purpose built super stock "back halve" car with all steel body panels, 9 in. Ford rear, chrome moly cage, and aluminum head motor. :beerchug:

Back