Where's the beef?  What's the weight breakdown?

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
Ok so the Busa is a bigger bike but are these lbs avoidable in a hyper bike like it is?

Does anyone here know the approx weight breakdown? Strip it down and IMO there is not alot of extra crap from what I can see. The engine alone must weight considerably more than a Gixxer R1000 engine , no?

Where could they possibly shed some weight at without giving up any engine real estate and without comprimising the structure of the bike? The bike has torque everywhere on the power band so it must place quite a bit of stress on the frame.

Lets put it another way...what other 1300CC bikes weighs less? Somehow I dont think a weight reduction is something the Busa can sustain...or at least anything substantial.

I suppose if the exhaust is made titanium and the wheels are made of forged alluminium... it will bring down the weight of the busa almost 30 lbs...

well???

...oh yeah, removing the rear grab rail and the PAIR should bring dowen another 5 lbs or so

So thats an easy 35# right there....hey..I could lose about 20lbs myself..so now we are down 55lbs.

....hey..I could lose about 20lbs myself..so now we are down 55lbs.
laugh.gif

I suppose I could get a penis reduction and save another lb as well.
biggrin.gif

all carbon fiber fairings?

from what im seeing, most of it is just dead/heavy weight in the frame. but yea.. best weight reduction mod is 2 lose weight.

exhaust, wheels, fairings, gas tank (shell not the gas
wink.gif
) and of course the rider are the 5 fastest ways to shed pounds on these bikes.
cool.gif
and thats not necessarily in *any* order
biggrin.gif

at some point you have to ask when will the weight loss of the machine begin to impact the stability of it at speed. These things were designed to be sleek, aerodynamic beasts and the weight definately factors into the stability at speed. just some food for thought
cool.gif

cool.gif

Yeah, last year, my bike lost 60lbs! From me! I'd say that is a pretty inexpensive way to make the bike a little lighter!

Back