New EBC HH's installed.. now there's a noise.

Since i introduced Tuf to the extreme's, ill jump in here. Mixing brake pads front and rear is fine.! There is no problem with doing that!
Tuf I wanna put a set of extreme pros on the front but not really on the rear. I think I'd like to to back to factory on the rear so it doesn't bite too much. What's your op on that?

I agree! If you are using your rear brake on long high wheelies you need a race pad with the hardest compound you can find along with a wave rotor to assist in cooling because that puppy will glow red in the dark from excess heat. I can't remember the last time I used the rear brake on a long wheelie. Excecuted properly the compression will work just fine to keep the beast from getting behind the balance point to far. Doing slow wheelies the rear brake is a necessary tool but I find an gressive rear brake is really hard to manage. A stock rear brake works just dandy for my use.

I actually don't use the rear brake very often during wheelies at all, usually only to save from looping one or slow my speed down.
I never just hold it and ride either, unless I'm trying to go very slow(like slower than you can run:laugh:), which is a work in progress for me.
I found the stock rear brake on my Busa to be very spongey and unpredictable though. So when I did need it I was cringing wondering when is was going to bite. With a ss line and ebc pads it was an improvement in stopping power, but still unpredictable. I had removed the brake pedal, cleaned and lubed it with no sucess.
After replacing the rearsets the smoothness of the bearing mounted pedal made a huge difference in brake feel.
I now know every time just how much pressure makes it bite.:thumbsup:

Sounds like a good investment. What sets did you use?

If you're talking about the rearsets, mine are Vortex.
Good company/quality, decent price(around $360).
They are useful as they are adjustable up and back around 1 inch, gives you more cornering clearance, and can improve comfort(but that's personal preference).
There are several other quality brands to choose from too, and most are available in silver, gold and black.

Back