Installed new EBC HH pads

CWCobra

Registered
Wow, was that ever easy! Took me 20 minutes for front and rear, no instructions, no experience. Burned 'em in as instructed on this site. The EBC HH truly result "two-finger" braking. Very, very impressed at stopping power.

Good thing I made the change, too: my rears were beyond worn out, and the fronts were almost gone. Gotta keep a better eye on them from now on. I was a little disappointed in the shop that mounted my new tires for me a couple of weeks ago. Seems the least they could have done was warn me of the worn down pads!!! Maybe I expect too much.

To those wondering if you can do your own brake pad R&R: do not hesitate. It was very easy. Only tools required were a 14mm socket, a small flat head screw driver, and the small allen wrench from the tool bag. I wore latex gloves to keep my lilly whites that way.

Now stopping better than ever: 2007 'Busa with 17,000 miles.

CW

They REALLY do help in braking performance for the gen1's. A 40% improvement in braking power.

Now install some SS brake lines to give you better "feel".

I've got both the HH pads and braided lines (see sig), makes a HUGE improvement in overall braking effectiveness and feel. Plus they wear a lot longer than OEM. Got about 17,000 on the pads now, with 3 (well, 2 1/2) trackdays, still got almost half the friction material left.

Back