You can toss those EBC HH pads, and switch to Vesrah JL pads

IG.

Registered
I'd like to simly report that per recommendation of two different track day coaches, I switched from EBC HH sintered metal pads to Vesrah JL sintered metal pads.

I have to tell you that Vesrah pads seem to have more braking power. I'd say at least 30% more. It seems they provide better feedback, too. I think they also have thicker brake pad material (that's what I noticed, but did not actually measure) by about 0.5 mm or more.

I was also told they last longer, but we will see abou that.

I inspected the pads after about 80 miles of reasonably aggressive riding and braking, and compared to EBC HH pads the surface of the pad is a lot smoother, more uniformed, with less cracking. And on top of everything, they don't make any sound like EBC HH pads do.

I also noticed that the brake pad material left on the rotors is spread noticeably more uniformely across the surface of the rotors compared to EBC HH pads.

I also think they cost less than EBC HH. I got it through my club with some discount so I don't know what they are on the open market. But even within the club, Vesrah pads were noticeably cheaper than EBC HH pads.

No, I don't work for Vesrah and don't benefit from their sales.

Don't tell me about EBC Extreme pads. I am comparing apples to apples. Vesrah also has RJL pads (racing category). And also about twice as expensive than the non-racing pad.

I know I need to ride more, and will report later. But for know, I am pretty impressed.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

You should try the RJL's, I've had them on my busa for almost a year and love them. They work great on the street, and I dont ride/brake hard(I mainly commute).

But they cost twice as much, and I am perfectly good with JL's. Maybe one day.

I still have a set of EBC Extremes which I got for free and never tried.

How do they work when cold?
How about when wet?
kariles, How many miles do you have on yours?

But they cost twice as much, and I am perfectly good with JL's. Maybe one day.

I still have a set of EBC Extremes which I got for free and never tried.

Give those EBC Extreme Pro ceramic pads a try and you'll toss those Vesrah pads to the curb!

I just want some really nice pads to go with my stock rotors for street riding.
I've got ebc hh pads on now and am tired of the noise which has not gone away in over 6,000 miles.

I've got ebc hh pads on now and am tired of the noise which has not gone away in over 6,000 miles.

Stop wearing your helmet, with the wind in yours ears you'll forget all about that little whizzing sound...and you'll look so much cooler:poke::laugh:

How do they work when cold?
How about when wet?
kariles, How many miles do you have on yours?

I have 6k-8k miles on the pads. I don't notice much difference in the wet, ofcourse I brake early when its wet out. The feel is the same no matter the conditions. At first I was worried about the using "racing" pads on the street, but they warm up pretty fast and have lots of bite.

This is from EBC's website "Linky" . Evidently they have eliminated the brake noise.

We took out several other particles which our competitors still use which caused massive disc damage and created our launch material.After five years and millions of sets sold we upgraded the formulation again to our SB101C material which completely eliminated BRAKE NOISE, improved the pads HEAT CYCLING CAPABILITY and improved feel. What we have today for the faster rider is the pinnacle of sintered copper alloy engineering, researched and tested in our own laboratories by engineers with over 50 years experience in sintered pad technology.

I have had good luck with Vesrah pads in the past on other sport bikes and plan to use them again when the Busa needs new brakes.

This is from EBC's website "Linky" . Evidently they have eliminated the brake noise.

We took out several other particles which our competitors still use which caused massive disc damage and created our launch material.After five years and millions of sets sold we upgraded the formulation again to our SB101C material which completely eliminated BRAKE NOISE, improved the pads HEAT CYCLING CAPABILITY and improved feel. What we have today for the faster rider is the pinnacle of sintered copper alloy engineering, researched and tested in our own laboratories by engineers with over 50 years experience in sintered pad technology.

Great. So which pads are these and how can you be assured you would be getting these instead of old stock squeakers?

I've only had mine for the last month or two(so they're fairly new)and they have that signature whizzing sound. It's so quiet though you have to pay attention to even hear it(come to think of it, they do sound quieter than other bikes I've rode with them on, but maybe that's just me). Insignificant to me because they are excellent, especially with the feel of ss lines.:thumbsup:

It amazes me they would admit to how much damage their old pads may have caused...

I've only had mine for the last month or two(so they're fairly new)and they have that signature whizzing sound. It's so quiet though you have to pay attention to even hear it(come to think of it, they do sound quieter than other bikes I've rode with them on, but maybe that's just me). Insignificant to me because they are excellent, especially with the feel of ss lines.:thumbsup:

Easy for an old fart such as yourself to just turn down his hearing aid but what are others supposed to do about the LOUD whizzing?

Easy for an old fart such as yourself to just turn down his hearing aid but what are others supposed to do about the LOUD whizzing?

Wear headphones, get a turtle shell helmet(one with a spike on top)...or just wear sunglasses and listen to the wind blow:dunno:
I think the black/grey bikes disapate noise better too:poke:

Give those EBC Extreme Pro ceramic pads a try and you'll toss those Vesrah pads to the curb!

Like I said, I am comparing apple to apples. I am sure EBC Extremes are better than either EBC HH or Vesrah JL. However, a fair comparison of EBC Extremes would be to Vesrah RJL.

Once my current pads (Vesrah JL) are done, I'll see what to do. For now, I've got plenty of stopping power, and a better feel. Let's see how that works out.

What I also noticed that straight out of the garage (i.e. the JL pads are still cold) and a slow speed, the braking power is not so great compared to EBC HH, but very provides very progressive feel. It's fine after that.

Someone also questioned how they behave in the wet. I will keep an eye for that, too.

Just did a track day on those pads. Definitely better feel than EBC HH, and more braking power.

Didn't ride in the wet, so can't comment on that.

I pulled the pads out, and they look a lot cleaner than EBC HH pads after a track day. The surface looks clean, there are no cracks like on EBC HH. Also, there are no burnt spots like on EBC HH. Also, the pad thickness didn't get reduced as much as it happens on EBC HH - so they will last longer.

All-in-all, I think this is a superior pad compared to EBC HH.

Back