Anyone went from EBC HH to similar Vesrah pads?

IG.

Registered
Just wanted to know anyone's impressions who had been using EBC HH pads, and then tried Vesrah VD-349JL pads (also sintered metal).

The reason I am asking, I was at the track day and getting to the pit out line I accelerated and braked aggressively - like almost for a stoppie. The brakes made a sound like metal was grinding on metal during the last second prior to the bike coming to a full stop. A coach heard it and asked what pads I had, and I told him they were EBC HH and that the sound they made didn't bother me (although that was the first time I heard them like that), and he said that EBC has an outdated technology. He and another coach tried Vesrah pads I mentioned above, and they ditched their EBC HH for good.

I trust these guys, and already ordered a set to try, but wanted to know what others think about it.

I personally have no issues with my EBC HH pads, but maybe I am missing something. While talking to another coach who was following me for a while, he said I was doing a great job slowing this thing (the Busa) down. And it felt I was pretty hard on the brakes when it was time to slow down.

I have ebc extremes on the busa and vesrah on my 09 1k (street/track compound) The ebc's are noisy. Metal to metal sssssshhhhhhh noise. Both feel great but vesrah is quieter. Both perform fantastic at my pace and speeds.

I think your track coach is either misinformed or simply blowing smoke. There is absolutely nothing wrong with EBC HH pads. They work wonderfully well. I've used them all at one time or another and I can tell you I have yet to find a pad that exceeds the EBC HH Extreme-Pro for combination street/track use. There are Race pads that work better hot but suck for street use.

As I remember the vesrah pads are twice the cost of EBC HH.

So, you have JL pads on your 1k or RJL?

Vesrah RJL pads on the Gsxr 1k. Both pads feel great... But after a little more thought.. The ebc extremes have a little bit more bite and feel to them. They are noisier then the Ferrado HH's I had on the busa and Vesrah pads. I called tuff to see if I thought I had problem. I did check for rotor to pad drag on both my bikes back to back. But they are just a noisier brake pad. Work fricking great for 1300 miles of dragon riding. I am not easy on my bikes brakes! But both brands work great. Had the 1k at V.I.R. In Oct/10 and coming down from 165mph to 45 mph on the full course wasnt a problem!

I think your track coach is either misinformed or simply blowing smoke. There is absolutely nothing wrong with EBC HH pads. They work wonderfully well. I've used them all at one time or another and I can tell you I have yet to find a pad that exceeds the EBC HH Extreme-Pro for combination street/track use. There are Race pads that work better hot but suck for street use.

As I remember the vesrah pads are twice the cost of EBC HH.

That's what puzzles me. It's not like I had a problem in the first place, and I wouldn't care about any noise as I don't hear it most of the time anyway.

I'd say the prices are pretty close if you compare apples-to-apples: EBC HH vs. JL, or EBC HH Extreme-Pro vs. RJL.

I am willing to give those a shot since my current EBC HH pads are almost done. I still have a set of EBC HH Extreme-Pro which I've gotten for free from EBC. I'll save those for later, and obviously they are better than any non-racing pads. I'd love to always use better pads, but the price of racing pads bites - they are roughly twice more expensive than non-racing pads. I'd say a set of two sintered pads (either EBC or Vesrah) costs $30+ while racing onces cost $60+. Since the front needs four of those, that's pretty pricey on top of tires, and everything else.

Vesrah RJL pads on the Gsxr 1k. Both pads feel great... But after a little more thought.. The ebc extremes have a little bit more bite and feel to them. They are noisier then the Ferrado HH's I had on the busa and Vesrah pads. I called tuff to see if I thought I had problem. I did check for rotor to pad drag on both my bikes back to back. But they are just a noisier brake pad. Work fricking great for 1300 miles of dragon riding. I am not easy on my bikes brakes! But both brands work great. Had the 1k at V.I.R. In Oct/10 and coming down from 165mph to 45 mph on the full course wasnt a problem!

Thanks for details. You are referring to racing pads. When I was slowing down from 165 mph to 45 mph occasionally, I glazed my EBC HH pads - the surface of the rotor melted and bare metal got embedded on the pad surface greatly diminishing the braking ability - especially hard braking. Without realizing it, I continued to ride and eventually crashed - I needed to stop quickly, applied the brakes hard, but the bike was NOT slowing down as much as expected. I applied more, and locked the front. It was dry - no rain. Only later I discovered the cause, and since then stopped doing such extreme braking. EBC rep confirmed the cause.

Back