EBC HH or Galfer HH?

hayabusapower

Registered
Time for new front pads on my 06 Busa. This is the first time I purchase aftermarket pads, should I go with Ebc HH or Galfer HH?? I'm keeping my stock rotors and I been reading online that Ebc HH warp the rotors.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Time for new front pads on my 06 Busa. This is the first time I purchase aftermarket pads, should I go with Ebc HH or Galfer HH?? I'm keeping my stock rotors and I been reading online that Ebc HH warp the rotors.

I don't know where you got that info but it's bogus! I've been running EBC HH pads for years and I suspect I'm about as hard on them as anyone here and I've not had any issues nor anyone I know has ever had an issue with EBC HH pads.

Either EBC or Galfer will serve you well. I prefer EBC. The EBC Extreme Pro HH pad is a hard one to beat. You'll find lots of members here use the Extreme Pro as well. The EBC pro is more expensive but it has ground ceremic powder in the pad material which gives the pads a very smooth touch and they last longer than the standard HH pad. A street pad used by lots of club racers.

I bought EBC HH over Galfer because they were $4 cheaper. The EBC have been fine and I am happy with the purchase.

Either should be fine. HH pads are more aggressive so you may notice slightly more wear on the rotor over the stock pad however. I have never seen them warp a rotor as previously posted. Rotor wear wouldn't concern me though. Stopping power does! I runEBC HH on my ZX6R. Good brakes.

Some people claim that HH pads take much longer to come up to temperature because they are race application, and are designed to take the brake heat generated on the track. The same people claim that they will not work on the street because they never reach their operating temperature. Don't buy it. They will stop you on the street just like you were on the track.

Happy braking!

Either should be fine. HH pads are more aggressive so you may notice slightly more wear on the rotor over the stock pad however. I have never seen them warp a rotor as previously posted. Rotor wear wouldn't concern me though. Stopping power does! I runEBC HH on my ZX6R. Good brakes.

Some people claim that HH pads take much longer to come up to temperature because they are race application, and are designed to take the brake heat generated on the track. The same people claim that they will not work on the street because they never reach their operating temperature. Don't buy it. They will stop you on the street just like you were on the track.

Happy braking!

I think you are referring to "Ceramic" pads which need heat in order to function. HH pads work the first time every time you pull the lever.

Your OEM pads are HH pads as well. ???

Tufbusa said:
I think you are referring to "Ceramic" pads which need heat in order to function. HH pads work the first time every time you pull the lever.

Your OEM pads are HH pads as well. ???

Do Ebc HH brake better then Oem?

Do Ebc HH brake better then Oem?

I just installed a set of EBC HH, they are considerably better than oem so far, only have 50 miles on them. Much less pressure to bring it to a stop, and they work first stop, where before needed to get worked in some in order to have any brakes at all. Feel is much better, old ones felt like wood in comparison.

13500 miles and thickness is between 4.90mm and 4.98mm

On the rotor there is a stamp of the minimum spec. See if you are close or not.

If you are close, then I would replace the rotors too. No sense in putting new pads on worn (out of spec) rotors.

Front brakes are more important than food and water. :laugh:

Exteme Pros stop alot better than the HH, and are well worth the money.
I was amazed that a pad change could make so much difference.

u guys use ur font brakes HAHAHA.. I only use my rear like the Farley riders.. LOL.. JK.. smile.. its good for yaaa.. :laugh::laugh:

Back