EBC brake install

kjcili

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, as u guys that have been folllowing know, I've been having a particularily hard time with this brake upgrade......

Here is what I've learned-------

1)The EBC XC Contour Lite rototrs, like our stockers, have a recess on one side of hub mounting and not the other, so; now obvious, this is the side that faces the rim hub.

2)When fitting the rotors, and I still can't figure out Y, they are side specific, but not detailed or marked. It's trial and error. what you'll notice if you get them on the wrong side is, in one caliper, one set of pistons will be out further than the other set; like on mine, the inboard pistons were out almost 1/8", whereas, the outboard pistons were only out MAYBE 1/32". Either way, it was significantally noticeable.

3)During install problems, if you notice you don't get a firm lever; kinda like u got air in the system, it may not be air at all. This is what I found out after I discovered the incorrect rotor/caliper correlation. As soon as I got the rotors swapped, bam, good firm lever and much better braking.

Ok, as u guys that have been folllowing know, I've been having a particularily hard time with this brake upgrade......

Here is what I've learned-------

1)The EBC XC Contour Lite rototrs, like our stockers, have a recess on one side of hub mounting and not the other, so; now obvious, this is the side that faces the rim hub.

2)When fitting the rotors, and I still can't figure out Y, they are side specific, but not detailed or marked. It's trial and error. what you'll notice if you get them on the wrong side is, in one caliper, one set of pistons will be out further than the other set; like on mine, the inboard pistons were out almost 1/8", whereas, the outboard pistons were only out MAYBE 1/32". Either way, it was significantally noticeable.

3)During install problems, if you notice you don't get a firm lever; kinda like u got air in the system, it may not be air at all. This is what I found out after I discovered the incorrect rotor/caliper correlation. As soon as I got the rotors swapped, bam, good firm lever and much better braking.

Glad you got them figured out. I imagine it is a very noticeable difference over the stockers, and will make for much better feel. Not to mention stopping power.

Now that you have then installed the right way......you know the :rulez:

LETS SEE 'EM! :laugh:

Yeah....I don't know where the search button is on here :poke: Lucky for you...........I remember that thread :laugh:

Back