EBC Extreme Pro brake pads review

kml

Donating Member
Registered
Just installed a set I purchased from Streentrack, always excellent service by the way, holy cow, best pads I've tried yet, progressive, excellent feel, and a reduction in lever effort. I did notice they had a little less initial bite in the wet than the regular EBC HH pads. That's not a bad thing though.

They are a little pricey but defiantly worth it.

Two thumbs up. :thumbsup:

EBC Brakes | EBC Extreme Pro? Performance and Race Brakes | Performance Video & Results Graphs

cheers
ken

I have them on my track bike and love them. Will be putting them on the busa next for sure.

SteveO talked me into these for my Gixxer trackbike (he rides them on his Gixxer too, and I was amazed at how well they stop when I rode his bike in OR vs. my OEM brake pads); They really ARE great brake pads! I'm gonna put some on my busa too when I put SS lines on the front....

Mike Sullivan "SullivanRaceSchool.com" actually gave me a set to try last year and I was hooked. They are more costly but for me it's worth every dime! They also last longer than the regular HH pads.

Its the feel that makes them so sweet. The lever seems to be so silky soft with these pads. If you are a Stoppie guy, you'll be in love! :beerchug:

I've got a set from EBC for free. So, after my current HH is done (also got from them for free), I will try and likely permanently switch to those - for the feel and longevity.

I glazed my EBC HH a while back (those high speed runs before my exit - braking from 170 to 30). I was riding to the track one day and the traffic stopped ahead. I started braking - and nothing - the bike barely slows down. I applied more and more braking effort and locked the front and went down. The funny thing was there was a funeral limo behind me, so the guy slowed down, stopped and blocked the traffic off for me - thanks buddy.

I was scratching my head, until I pulled the pads out - glazed about 50% of the surface. I contacted them, a coule of my emails got crossed and two people independantly sent me one set of HH, and one set of extremes.

Since we are on the subject, I think it's important to check your pads once in a while to make sure there is no glazing, especially after some aggressive braking - like during track days (melted silverish looking metal from the disk gets embedded on the pad surface - and you know metal on metal doesn't provide much friction). If a glazing occurs, just take the pad out and move it around on 200 grit sandpaper on the flat surface (don't sand by holding the sandpaper with your hands) until the spots are gone - that's per EBC rep suggestion. Then, break them in as usual - which actually at this point takes just a half dozen of braking attempts.

Last edited:
Back