New Busa Help!

Monoxidewcu

Registered
Hello all,

I am new to the forum. I just got my Busa yesterday. An '05 I picked up off of Ebay for a steal. It was traded in to a dealer that mainly just deals with Harleys and the shop owner pretty much just wanted it out of his store as quickly as possible. The bike has had a LOT of custom work done above and beyond what the seller mentioned in the add, which was a wonderfull added bonus for me! But one thing I can't figure out is driving me up the wall. There is a toggle switch that was added aftermarket on the left hand control cluster. One of the wires is broken off of the harness, and until I get a new harness I really have no idea what the switch is for. The wires run into the fairings and dissapear. The switch plate was obviously designed by the manufacturer to mount right where it is. Has anyone seen this type of switch and can tell me what it is hooked up too before I go and tear apart the whole bike just to find out?

1106080726.jpg

1106080727.jpg

I'm sorry for the poor image quality, I just snapped them on my cell phone quickly a few minutes ago. I was so frustrated by this infernal switch taunting me that I didn't have the patience to go hunt down my camera.

BTW here is the bike. Maybe someone has seen it before and knows the previous owner and I can ask him. I know it is a shot in the dark, but worth a try.
05a7_3.jpg

0b99_3.jpg

cb2a_3.jpg

b818_3.jpg

I was told that the previous owner was from GA.
I can get very OCD and this tiny little switch is definatly setting it off.

Thank you for any help you can throw my way on this. I look forward to chatting with everyone here!

- Chris

:welcome:aboard.

Sorry, but there's no way of knowing what the switch is for by looking at it. Since the bike is pretty custom looking it may have been for some LED's or strobes. On the flip side since the exhaust is wrapped and the arm is extended it may have been for something performance related such as nitrous activation or air shifter activation.

Since you mentioned that one of the wires is cut the previous owner probably removed whatever accessory it was used for.

That switch could be just about anything(Neons, Headlight Cut, Tag Flipper, NOSSSSS, heated grips, chicken plucker).. basically anything that can be operated by a switch!.... Taking the fairing off isn't too hard if you want to trace it. Read through the tech section. And Welcome to the Org!

Hey that's my old bike.. man you got an awesome machine there.

That switch activated the anti hydro transdusamometer. it makes you invisible to cops and anti aircraft machine gun fire. it also keeps chicken strips off your tires.

:rofl: sorry dude i had to.. :poke: but good luck

I'm a Sheriff's deputy. Does that mean I wont be able to see myself? I always wanted to be invisible... I can see it now. "Excuse me sir, why are you pushing that motorcycle into the women's locker room". "Oh, no particular reason" :cheerleader:

- Chris

Make sure you behave yourself on it. The original owner of mine was a deputy around here. I guess he had a tendency to ride a little fast as they suggested he sell it if he wanted to stay employed. :beerchug:

I'm a Sheriff's deputy. Does that mean I wont be able to see myself? I always wanted to be invisible... I can see it now. "Excuse me sir, why are you pushing that motorcycle into the women's locker room". "Oh, no particular reason" :cheerleader:

- Chris
:laugh:

Well, looking at the bike after having read that one of the wires is cut makes me think it was a "blackout" switch. It would kill the head and tail lights in the event of pursuit after dark. Snipping a wire and disabling the switch makes everything OK (sort of).

I used to run across things like that on trade-ins all the time, and still do once in a while. You'll probably have to trace out the wiring to find out what the deal is. TaKe a good look at the visible areas just behind the fairings, if you see neon or gizmos like Electro-pods, that just don't activate, that may be your answer.

As someone previously stated, you might get lucky and find a nice performance goodie tucked away somewhere :thumbsup:

Well,
Someone managed to tell me what it was. It's a switch to a Muzzy air shifter. Granted I had no idea what it was. So I looked up the kit, and sure enough that is on my bike. I saw all the gear connected to the bike and was rather clueless about what the stuff was, but figuring the rest of the equipment out was later on my list, after I figured out what this switch was (I was the kid that always had to push all the buttons and see what happens).
So yeah, I definatly want to get a new wiring harness for the switch and see how well this air shifter thing works.

- Chris

I am sorry, where is the pic? Welcome to the oRg by the way. Seriously, am I the only one that cant see the pic? :poke:

Lots of work was done to that bike. Be careful as you try things out.

Welcome to the .oRg, yo! Congrats on the new scoot.

I'm mesmerized by the paint. It looks like mercury. Very cool.

Good luck with all the mechanical menizzle. Be careful...she's a beast!:beerchug:

Back