Fuel Pump Connector

Cireous

Registered
So, I have a 2000 Busa. Ive done the 32bit upgrade on it. Instead of repining the old wire harness, I switched everything out, the ECU, Rotor and wire harness off of a 2002 Busa. Of course I switched the injector wire harness as well, as the new wire harness doesn't mate with the old injector harness. My delima is, the 2002 wire harness has a 4 wire male end connector for the fuel pump, but my bike is equipped with the external fuel pump, which has the female connector with 2 wires. How would I wire that up so it will work? I was thinking maybe cut the male connector off of the old injector harness and wire it into the new harness. The old connector has a yellow and red/black and white wire, and the new connector has those 2 wires plus another black and white wire and a black and green wire.

2017-09-12 15.57.43.jpg

2017-09-12 15.58.20.jpg

IIRC, the green and one of the black wires power the fuel level sensor. The yellow with the red trace and the black is your fuel pump wire. The black/white trace are just grounds coming from the ECU.

So, the green/black wire is for the fuel level sensor. The yellow/red and the black wire is to power the fuel pump. The black/white wires are grounds coming from the ecu. So for my connector on my fuel pump, would I connect the yellow/red wire and the black/wire to those colors on the harness side? What about the green/black wire on the harness side, what do I connect that to?

The green and the black wire on the harness side would connect to the tank: black to black, and green to yellow/black trace. (sending unit). Yellow/Red and black go to the same colors on the pump.

Got it. Only Gong is, I was testing hot vs ground on the harness side for the yellow/red and black/white, when I turn the key on, I get the ground but no hot in the yellow/red. I get hot in the green/black though

Now I did find that my start switch was faulty, so that's not on the bike right now. Would that have anything to do with the Hot on the wire harness to the fuel pump?

When you turn the key on, the fuel pump HOT wire only goes 12v+ for a couple of seconds and then it goes dead until the bike starts. If that's not it, check the fuse.

Yea I understand that part, but I don't even get that. I'm just gonna wait till I get my new start switch. I ordered a new one because the old one was faulty. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I got everything working with the harness. I got another question though. I having problems with my right turn signal. Check my other thread I posted.

Back