New busa Decision..

Shindo97

Registered
So i have made up my mind, that if the new busa comes out with a 1400cc engine, and the rumored 200hp, then for certain i'll be trading my current 04 Lim Ed in for it.

Believe it or not, the Dealership here is already taking deposits on 06 busa's that are refundable up to 2 days after the bike arrives on the show room floor. Only 500$'s. Anytime i change my mind i can get it back.

Would any of u do it? If its jsut cosmetic with digital readouts then i'll keep mine. I almost cant imagine ever getting rid of it, but for new tech, engine, etc...i would.

Do any of u feel that the rumors for the 06 are bogus?

it'd be hard to turn down, but I hate owning the first version (or upgrade) of _anything_. It's like being a guinea pig - you're the one who's going to find out what is and isn't working - even if its something trivial...

If it was my money (I'm currently waiting on an 05LE), and I knew the 06 was redesigned and more powerful, etc., I'd stick with the 05. Tons of accessories + add-ons built specifically for it are available, and most all problems with the model have been engineered out a while ago...

still, new stuff gets the heart racing
smile.gif

my .02

dont get your hopes up
I have been hearing that story of the new busa every year since i bought my busa in sept of 2002
We were all waiting for the new faster busa to released every year

I've asked about the '06's at all 4 dealers that my wife and I have visited over the past few weeks. No one has had any definte answers. I doubt any dealer that has 05's in stock is going to hype the 06's until they are on the way to them or in stock!! Taking a refundable deposit on a bike that's not even debuted anywhere yet seems strange to me but then again business is business and a deposit is a deposit!

I finally have all my $$$$ lined up, I'm hitting one last dealer this week and will most likely plop down my funds there if their phone quote still stands
biggrin.gif

Not sure about all the rumors. I would be hardpressed, however, to get rid of my 04 with all the work I've done to it. Kinda proud that I've done all the work myself and it all is working. I really don't want to have to do it all again for another 100cc. I probably won't use up all of my 1300cc.

I think I would keep Bessie for another year or two....I could use an insurance break....besides, I have put some work into Bessie and would be hard pressed to let her go, what about love and loyalty? Although, 1400
rock.gif
? Wouldn't that be kick @$$?

I would have no qualms about getting a first generation of ANYTHING... this isn't the 80's and these aren't American cars we are talking about. There may be issues, but generally speaking they are minor and the factory fixes them. Might be a hassle, but it woud be nice to be riding something a little more up to date. HELL something designed in the 21st century would be nice...

I am not holding my breath for 1400CCs and 200HP. There is NO NEED for Suzuki to do so, they may make some performance tweeks but I doubt we'll have 200HP, Certainly not at the rear wheel.

So, Would I Put my Money down on a 2006 Busa? NO, but mostly because I am waiting to see what Honda does. It's rummored we'll have a V-5 Blackbird, lot's of HP, lots of Honda Quality. So we'll see.
wink.gif

Revlis that's treason. I don't see making a bigger engine when the one it has is restricted, right? Me personally, when I ride my bike to it's limits all the time I'll consider modding for more hp. Second thought that's when I'll sell it!

Revlis that's treason. I don't see making a bigger engine when the one it has is restricted, right? Me personally, when I ride my bike to it's limits all the time I'll consider modding for more hp. Second thought that's when I'll sell it!
When I start riding mine to it's limits all the time, that's when I check into an insane asylum.

I do get closer than most though I think.
smile.gif
Does that mean I may be partially insane?
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110851203 -->

I would have to say you should do it.
But - I have not heard anything in regards to the 2006 yet either.
Hmmmmm..... Maybe I should start that deposit thing too???
Hmmmmm......

I'll stick with my boosted 03 with 270hp on the ground...
cool.gif

Why put down a deposit? It isn't like each dealer will only get allocated one bike or that there will only be ten brought into the US....

Just wait and see what, if anything, is different.....

Save your money. If it comes out as rumored then great, but you will be able to pick one up. I wouldn't let anyone hold money of mine for over a year unless it was making me some money! I think 1400cc and 200hp is a little overblown for the Busa, but if it happens i might consider trading up.
super.gif

I'd never trade in Elenor
biggrin.gif

...But then again, If the Busa gets revised in the 06 ... I will surely buy it, as a stable mate for Elenor!
cool.gif

Why put down a deposit?  It isn't like each dealer will only get allocated one bike or that there will only be ten brought into the US....

Just wait and see what, if anything, is different.....
yep, exactly!!

I really cant see suzuki making the bike any faster, i can see them making it a little more ergonomic, and updating the brakes possibly with ABS?? i really think they are trying to milk the market for all its worth with this bike, with a design change no where in sight

Back