2005 Busa redisigned?

What I've read is that for 05, they are making it a 1500 and in order to put the traction on the ground, they're adding a second wheel on a tilting axel for turns. The SE color will be plaid [a retro nod to the Europeans cafe racers] and they're dropping the price to complete with the 600 series! $7999!!!!
Anyone else read or hear anything?

I heard they will come stock with TMH Turbo kits, with glitter and filling and flapjacks!! If you buy two you get one free!!!
laugh.gif

Sorry Duffy we like to give the new guys a hard time, when we get these questions. Becasue you will see in about 100 posts or so the question comes up. None of us know everything there is to know about the new model busas. We think we do. But last time i asked that same question. THe busa was going to be 1 1500cc bike with wings, falcon on the rear seat. (real life one) etc. I think you get the picture. We are just praying and wishin, but the buisa is king hard to top what we got!!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

it seems like only last year i was reading a post that posed the same question.. only change the 05 to an 04.. haha.

I want blueberry flapjacks with mine!

Bah, It's all in fun. The Busa is well overdue for an update there is no way around it. But no one here can really say for certain what Suzuki has up it's sleave. 2004 was supposed to be the big year, now we are hoping for 2005.
Suzuki has little reason to update though, Busa sales are still strong so why mess with it?

I would like to see some cosmetic updates, forks and brakes off of the 1000, and maybe an additional 20 HP 20FTlbs of torque...

Considering that the 1000 just adopted the Hayabusa front end for '04, i'd suspect not much will change. Although due for a new model, how does one improve on aerodynamics? Power? I predict this bike will have a production run similar to the Vmax. Maybe some nice new tidbits here and there but not much else will change.

That is, of course, unless our universe changes structure
drinka.gif

Since I just picked up my new '04 today, part of me wants to see no changes for a while... but like any bike junkie, I'd like to see something even cooler show up for '05. Guess it's win-win.

Thanks for the advise. I was gonna wait for the 05, but I just can't can't go through the summer without a bike, so I guess I will buy a plain-jane silver/grey 04. Wish I could get a all black SE 02 model... know of one for sale?

They don't have a silver/gray for '04. Color choices are blue/silver and black/purple... but the blue/silver is the faster color.
wink.gif

Thanks for the advise.  I was gonna wait for the 05, but I just can't can't go through the summer without a bike, so I guess I will buy a plain-jane silver/grey 04.  Wish I could get a all black SE 02 model... know of one for sale?
Silver/grey is either an '03 or a very early production run of the '04 (which I doubt). On the '04 there is (a) a yellow passing switch on the front of the left-hand switchgear and (b) a hazard (four way flasher) switch on the right.

The big thing the 'Busa needs is better brakes. Other than that, it's largely perfect for what it is -- it's not a (road course) track bike, that's all. It's just a great to ride, really fast, street bike with very little that isn't perfect about it.

If Suzuki wanted the 'Busa to be a more competent sport-tourer, they'd have to compromise too much of what it is, and they'd lose the faithful in the process. Better to start with a new design, if that's their goal.

Thanks for the advise.  I was gonna wait for the 05, but I just can't can't go through the summer without a bike, so I guess I will buy a plain-jane silver/grey 04.  Wish I could get a all black SE 02 model... know of one for sale?
There was one in the classifieds section here on the board not too long ago... An 04 purple and black is purty darn close as well...

I waited 4 years for my all black busa and I am glad I did. It's funny how much color effects the human mind...

Considering that the 1000 just adopted the Hayabusa front end for '04, i'd suspect not much will change.  Although due for a new model, how does one improve on aerodynamics?  Power?  I predict this bike will have a production run similar to the Vmax.  Maybe some nice new tidbits here and there but not much else will change.  

That is, of course, unless our universe changes structure  
drinka.gif
the 04 1K adopted the busa front end this year? huh?

1K, radial mounted calipers, busa not?
1K, clamp ons, busa not?

are you speaking of a stacked headlamp? it was inevitable...

you wont ever see the busa refined, if anything they will drop the line completely like they did the 1100.

R&D funds are now being allocated to the supersport and superbike classes.

the only reason i would get rid of mine is a kick ass color scheme!

I'm sorry a Blue/Silver not a Silver/Grey. I gotta be honest, the only thing thats stoppin me is the color scheme. IMO the Blue/Silver is very outdated and generic looking and the Purple/Black...well, its Purple. Guess I'll wait for a all Black one.

Zook needs some more exotic colors like some of the other manufacturers are doing. Metal flake, pearl, etc.!
wink.gif

Back