New Busa Body style?

Busa204

Registered
Was wondering if Suzuki was gonna change the body style of the Busa in 05? I've heard it from a few people, just wondering if anyone else has heard the same, & if so, any ideas on what its gonna look like?

Everything is going toward the "stealth fighter" look (Caddy, Corvette, Gixxer 1k, ducati, etc etc.) busa has a chance of going that way, but it might hurt aerodynamics. Its all up in the air. I heard it was going to be changed in '04 from a dealer. heard it was going to be banned in 02,03, and 04. Rumers travel faster than a busa.

Have seen pictures of one called a G strider , very interesting looking.But if they change the Busa,hanging head in dismay.The look was the strong pull of this bike for me.Many others can offer different things but the Busa lines,ooooooooooooooooh baba.

If they do change it the aero will go down. Suzuki spent a year in the air chamber perfecting the aero dynamics of today. Would be need if it woould get better, but not likely.

I agree with the you guys, the busa is the best looking bike out there. Just curious to see what they could possible do to make it any better looking........

I think a freshening would be pretty cool... But like Odyssey said, the only thing that moves faster than a Busa is Rumers about the Busa.

Leave it alone!! Why does change seem so good, some things are just fine the way they are. A few improvements on the gauges or something, but not to the body.
cool.gif

Maybe if we submit a letter from Hayabusa.org containing all members signatures telling Suzuki of our concerns.. maybe they would either A) listen or B) squash any untrue rumors... Seriously, especially if were able to get any other Busa clubs out there and we united in one effort, I bet Suzuki would have communications with us and we might even have a chance of providing useful input that could steer the future of the Busa.

What does everyone think about that? anyone think that is too far fetched? Captain? Busabrother< Revlis? BT?, Nija Eater? and all you other "old Timers" on the board? what do you think? feasible? not feasible?

We could use the voting system and supply feedback as to the concerns of the Busa Clans (hmmm I think I like that, Busa Clans) about future changes that might hurt Busa's and ultimately Suzuki.

Respectfully submited for your consideration,

Hayabusa.org new guy
super.gif

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074260189 -->

Good thinking Thrasher.The net is a huge resource for all businesses to utilize and comunicate world wide.What better place for a world wide company to get input.This would never happen at the dealer level.They could get a preveiw of world wide acceptance or asense of user objections.:cool:

Sounds cool and it might work. Think if we gather data from everyone at this site and then forward it to Suzuki. They would have to listen at least a little. The only problem is that what the consumer sees in a given year has been set in stone for as many as 2 or more years previous. What I mean is that the '05 is likely long since designed and being readied for production so our input may be too late for '05, but maybe not.

How about we get a poll (or a few) started and encourage everyone, and I mean everyone, to vote. Maybe have one with things about the current Busa that could be improved (like the footpegs, the silver parts on the black-frame models, too much weight, etc.)

Another with things we want to see in a new model (like undertail exhaust or single can exhaust, cosmetic face lift, color preferences, dare I say a stronger motor, digital gages, etc.)

And finally one with things that we do not want to change (like comfortable seating for two, the hump, the grab bar, etc).

After all the votes are in we could get Captain to send the data to Suzuki. It might be impressive and of great interest to them, we might be surprised. Maybe we could even team up with SH.org and get them to vote too.

Agree?

The only problem is that what the consumer sees in a given year has been set in stone for as many as 2 or more years previous[/QUOTE]

You are correct EAK. I work in the automotive industry (mainly Ford, Jag, Nissan) and most products are developed 2-3 years in advance. We are currently working on vehicle changes for 05/06/07 models or models that don't exist yet.

Ideas submitted now would not make it until the 06/07 models come out. The oridinal Busa design was from the mid 90s, so it's really about an 8-9 year old design.

The look of the busa is one of those things that either go one way or another : you like it or you hate it. I have started working on a few schematic for a digital guage (been siting on the computer almost a year
mad.gif
) I think just keep the busa the way it is, and Suzuki should release "update" kits for the busas, to keep them on the edge and fresh. The motor alone was a huge leap in performance, and is still the best.

The subframe issue of earlier models should have been addressed a long time ago, along with the starter gear problem.

I WANT A B-KING BESIDE MY BUSA! I like sport-bikes and standards. So i want a b-king or i may have to buy a V-Max. Gotta have two bikes, not sure why I just do.

<!--EDIT|Odyssey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074274466 -->

Funny, I've been seriously thinking of trading my '02 in on an '04 and I too had heard that Suzuki may change it in '05.  I cringed instantly..."please don't change my 'busa" is what I thought.  My next thought was I better hurry up and get an '04 before they do.

I honestly can't imagine what they could possibly change except maybe digital gauges (I'm not a huge fan though, there's just something about watching that needle climb) and a big 'ol tach.  But the look of the bike is one of the things I love.  So sleek and perfect.  Once they start messing with things you get stuff like the 2004 R1.  (hope I don't get a lashing for that one but I don't like the look of it, sorry)

I'd definately think sending something to Suzuki is a great idea.

The only thing that would we nice if they could work on the weight of the bike....other than that i love the look of the bike and everything about it the way it is..... DONT MESS UP A GOOD THING .. IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wink.gif
rock.gif
evil.gif

It's funny, on every other brand- and model-specific site I've been to it's always "man, they gotta fix this..." and "when are they finally get around to adding...". Not here, though. Nope.

Here it's "well, I guess they could change the gauge package, I guess, but it's still pretty cool the way it is."
biggrin.gif
It's hard to mess with success, isn't it?

Being a Marketing person...Thrasher hit it square on the head. There is a wealth of knowledge and insight that could be used in a forum like this for Suzuki to use to ultimately make decisions concerning their products that won't deter sales.

Brian

the hayabusa is a perfect in my opinion besides you could rest assure that someone thats affiliated to suzuki is tuned in to this site and they probably already do take comments into concideration chances are like everything else in buisness when sales start dropping and the numbers are not what they once were thats when change will start as it is i would be very suprised to see any major changes to the bike

Back