New Bodywork for 2012?

guideman62

Registered
First of all, forgive me if this thread has already been posted, but since I have not the time nor desire to check each and every one... I would like to hear if any other members or potential Hayabusa owners, are anticipating a major, or, at least minor change in styling to the Hayabusa in 2012. Perhaps a redesign of a phenominal and one of the most influential motorcyles of all time might be too much. Nevertheless, I am anxiously awaiting a change in the styling. I don't know, something a little more modern. I realize this query will stike a cord with some and totally turn off others. The Hayabusa styling is practically iconic. Any thoughts?

Nobody but Suzuki knows what they're planning, but I don't think we'll see any changes other than new colors for a few more years. Perhaps some more BNG (bold new graphics) :laugh:

Of course if the ZX14 got a major redesign, then maybe.

I'd guess they're putting a lot more focus on keeping up in the liter bike world than they are building a new Busa.

:welcome: to the site!

and the rumors start already ! There was a new one every year with the gen 1 .

The Gen1 had a run of 8 years before it was redesigned... With the "recession" and all of the economical problems, the Gen2 will stick around for at least that long or more... Could be wrong but I am not getting my hopes up for another generation that will be even uglier than the Gen2's :laugh:

First of all, forgive me if this thread has already been posted, but since I have not the time nor desire to check each and every one... I would like to hear if any other members or potential Hayabusa owners, are anticipating a major, or, at least minor change in styling to the Hayabusa in 2012. Perhaps a redesign of a phenominal and one of the most influential motorcyles of all time might be too much. Nevertheless, I am anxiously awaiting a change in the styling. I don't know, something a little more modern. I realize this query will stike a cord with some and totally turn off others. The Hayabusa styling is practically iconic. Any thoughts?

Forgive me but it seems a little demanding and/or arrogant for a first post.....
:welcome:

guideman,
that's not arrogant at all, in fact it’s a good question. However for many of the reasons russel said, it is likely Suzuki will only update colors/graphics for the next several production year models.
Personally I think two yrs ago they should have made a sport touring model instead of the naked version. Mechanically speaking, the bking is a great bike, but didn’t seem to take off in the US market. Why not make the busa more comfortable and add some storage and give the Kawasaki concours some competition.

I hope they dont bring a lighter, faster, more stable, better braking model anytime soon. I am a long way from 100K miles and I wont to wear this one out before I'm forced to upgrade to newer/better version.

They gonna paint the leftover 2011 a new color and sell em next year:whistle:, or give us what other countries already got and "New for 2012"

Considering what has happenned this past month I doubt it. Besides Its pretty much at its pinnacle the only thing they could ass is traction control and ABS. :laugh:

They really need to build a gen 3 from the ground up and no just a rehashed version like the gen 2 was. Yes the gen 2 had some changes,but nothing that is ground breaking in aspects to what other companies have done. Well that's my perspective. Gen 2 does have some nice features.

There was not much changes from 99-07 soo i don't think there will be any changes from 08 to .......2016?

The Gen1 had a run of 8 years before it was redesigned... With the "recession" and all of the economical problems, the Gen2 will stick around for at least that long or more... Could be wrong but I am not getting my hopes up for another generation that will be even uglier than the Gen2's :laugh:

:) agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you not seen whats going on in japan? If they dont get some help well be lucky to get parts, let alone a new bike!:whistle:

Not really icemansid. Know why? Because 2012 is when I'll have all my debts paid off and I'll have a blank check to write a 5 figure number on it payable to my local Suzuki motorcycle dealer. Its a purchase I really want to enjoy and I want to look at the bike and say: "Yeah, thats THE bike." Honestly, I've got nothing against the Haya's styling as it is right now but I would like to see a change in the not too distant future. I might even be willing to buy a left over current Busa if the new model style (whenever Suzuki decides to restyle it) isn't more aesthetically pleasing. I just don't want to buy the current style, say now, only to have Suzuki produce a more killer style, next year. I want to compare what's on the market now with a "next gen" Hayabusa. Get me?

I hope they dont bring a lighter, faster, more stable, better braking model anytime soon. I am a long way from 100K miles and I wont to wear this one out before I'm forced to upgrade to newer/better version.

Thats exactly what I was thinking about when I wrote the post JGGUNS. I want to be sure I like the bike's styling when I purchase it. I'm already pleased with the performance. I want to be able to compare the 2nd gen's styling to the new bike, even if I have to wait one or two years more. And for all you bros that feel that there will be no styling change for at least a few more years...What if the competition produces a bike that absolutely trounces the Busa on styling and performance. It COULD happen (hope not though).

When they do I'm sure it will be great. Would like to see easy oil changes like on the ZX-14. I get pissed everytime I change mine cause it just shouldn't take that much effor to change the oil and filter.

Back