New 2023 Busa wheel coating/cleaning?

JETSTREAMS32

Registered
Hello all,
I just picked up my new 2023 from Fox’s Suzuki in Roxboro NC last weekend and love it! As it was storming yesterday I took advantage of the inclement weather to wash and wax the bike for the first time. I has noticed that the wheels seemed to have some type of shipping preservative on them, especially the rear that attracted dirt/dust. I washed both rims using S100 wheel cleaner letting them soak. The fronts came out perfect but the rear seem to still have some type of residue on them. It’s tacky feeling and could possibly be chain lube but I doubt it. Has anyone else experienced this? And how does anyone recommend cleaning to get this off?
Thanks in advance!

IMG_5595.jpeg

IMG_5596.jpeg

IMG_5597.jpeg

IMG_5598.jpeg

IMG_5599.jpeg

Simply green as Dnyce mentioned will work. I’ve also used goo gone. Whatever you use wash and remove quickly with soap and water. Don’t want to damage the paint.

Woopsy what?

I think he means WD40, a not so well known solvent. Being a solvent I always clean the area it’s used on with a cleaner like Simple Green, Plexus or any good non harmful plastic cleaner. The trick to having a cleaner rim on the chain side is to lube the chain when it’s warm, like after a day’s ride. Then, don’t ride again until the next day after it dries. Most chain lubes are wax based and allowing the wax to dry keeps it on the chain rollers and off the rim…mostly. :D Keep WD 40 off the rollers. Do NOT soak the chain in it. I use it on a towel to wipe the side plates w/o getting it on the rollers. Being a solvent among its other uses, a solvent, any solvent, will wash away the tiny amount of chain lube under the O rings or X rings that come from the factory.

I have had new chains and sprockets many times. I always drive home very slowly, and the first thing I do is degrease the chain with a good chain degreaser or petrol solvent, because you can be sure that this sticky stuff will be flying around your ears for many rides.
Simply whipe your rim with WD40, with WD40 you can even clean your teeth:p

Now you get to admire the shiny again!:D

My original bike had fairing damage during handling the day of delivery, so the next day the shop owner had to "borrow" a crated one from someone else, uncrate it and bring it half-prepped to the store in his pick-up truck.

You can see how pale the chain looks in that picture.:p When I rode it home the next day, the white greasy mess was something to behold. Took me two hours, one big roll of paper towels, and half a big can of WD-40 to clean it off.

Screenshot_20231003_021253_Video Player.jpg

Hello all,
I just picked up my new 2023 from Fox’s Suzuki in Roxboro NC last weekend and love it! As it was storming yesterday I took advantage of the inclement weather to wash and wax the bike for the first time. I has noticed that the wheels seemed to have some type of shipping preservative on them, especially the rear that attracted dirt/dust. I washed both rims using S100 wheel cleaner letting them soak. The fronts came out perfect but the rear seem to still have some type of residue on them. It’s tacky feeling and could possibly be chain lube but I doubt it. Has anyone else experienced this? And how does anyone recommend cleaning to get this off?
Thanks in advance!

View attachment 1671043

View attachment 1671044

View attachment 1671045

View attachment 1671046

View attachment 1671047
Hello all,
Thanks in advance!

View attachment 1671043

View attachment 1671044

View attachment 1671045

View attachment 1671046

View attachment 1671047
Now you get to admire the shiny again!:D

My original bike had fairing damage during handling the day of delivery, so the next day the shop owner had to "borrow" a crated one from someone else, uncrate it and bring it half-prepped to the store in his pick-up truck.

You can see how pale the chain looks in that picture.:p When I rode it home the next day, the white greasy mess was something to behold. Took me two hours, one big roll of paper towels, and half a big can of WD-40 to clean it off.

View attachment 1671312

Hello all,
Thanks in advance!

View attachment 1671043

View attachment 1671044

View attachment 1671045

View attachment 1671046

View attachment 1671047

Praise report! Soaked the rear wheel with simple green, let it set and then a coating of S100 wheel cleaner and all that new chain gunk came off and left it shining. I hit a couple of trouble spots with WD 40 and cut it clean. My advice to new gen 3 owners would be let the back rim go for at least 300 miles and a few good trips to the 5500 rpm break in limit which is well over 100 mph and then soak down with simple green and rinse and dry. 99% will be gone and touch up will be minimal.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back