Needing to vent - Lockdown again (apologies to all)

We used to be one large landmass. Piece the continents back together. Show me where S Dakota was ever exposed to the oceans. Or Kentucky. Or New Mexico. Or the Sahara Desert.

So we can hopefully agree we split apart at some point a few hundred million years ago.. This doesn't explain why the earth has cycled hot and cold multiple times since then.

And if I'm not mistaken the acceleration of warming has taken place in the last 100 years. Not the last 10,000 years. But the evidence does suggest we have been warming. Just like we know we had an ice age in relative recent earth history prior to that. You can do your own data reviews.

Now moving along to awareness of what causes it. Burning of fossil fuels could stop tomorrow. Outlaw all of it. (Hypothetically speaking).

Now we would lose our carbon based energy used to make heat, create about 60% of the electricity in the U.S. and about 85 % of the worldwide electricity. It also moves our goods, purifies our water, and makes up a large portion of our durable petroleum based products.

So those will all go away. And we've already depleted most of our forest. So falling back on wood isn't sustainable to survive off of.

And would it stop the heating cycle? Possibly. The evidence suggest it's had cycles of heating and cooling. We just weren't around to debate if we could control it or not.

So if tomorrow ( hypothetically) it all went away, we'd immediately be in the stone age. We'd cease to exist as humans before the temp came down enough to make it worth the efforts.

I'd rather agree to slow it down for 100 years and hope we can buy enough time to let technology catch up. Mankind has been pretty good at both causing it's problems and solving problems. We did not create global warming. This is a new problem that isn't as simple as stop burning fossil fuels. We have to solve mother nature. If we can't, our time here on earth was never up to us anyway.

We are making great strides in undoing plastics, reforesting lands, managing wildlife and resources. I'm in full support of bringing back nuclear powered power plants. It's the quickest, easiest and most understood way to make massive amounts of energy compared to anything else we know. Advancing electric vehicles. It takes time to advance those technologies. And yes it needs help by our government. Don't eff with people like Elon. He is a Thomas Edison of this century. The fact that he has become super wealthy from it, is totally worth it to us a society and a planet. He's certainly better at it than our government is.
Dude, what have you been smoking? That was absolutely spot on, don't disagree with a word. here Here!

for the most part, weatherman study meteorology and not climatology. weather and climate are NOT the same. so once again you are referring to people who aren’t experts in the field of climate as your go to for information. going back to proxy data, it is used determine past weather, such as my example of where wine grapes can grow. it is well known that wine grapes like a particular weather to grow. too hot or too cold, no grapes. sowe can infer what the weather was like in an area even if they did not have a thermometer. contrary to your Opinion, science has many ways to determine past weather patterns. also, since the grapes growth is dependent on the weather they aren’t much help in predicting future weather so not sure why you end with that question. however; trying to end with a question that makes no sense but make the opposing side not have a answer is straight from lil tuckers playbook. btw spending a few hrs looking up science facts on google or listening to mr horse dewormer rogan is not the best way to learn about science.
meteorology

mē″tē-ə-rŏl′ə-jē

noun​

1. The science that deals with the phenomena of the atmosphere, especially weather and weather conditions.
  2. The science which treats of the motions and phenomena of the earth's atmosphere; the scientific study of weather and climate, their causes, changes, relations, and effects. Abbreviated meteorology
  3. The science which treats of the atmosphere and its phenomena, particularly of its variations of heat and moisture, of its winds, storms,
Define it however you like... Forecasting weather is a bit different than studying the climate, however, they are closely related in numerous ways. Like a snap shot compared to a long period of focused attention on the past. Weathermen are like most men... they live for years and can form a fairly accurate opinion based on what they have experienced for decades.

Are far as the Tucker Carlson grievance goes... You implied that grapes somehow tell the story of recent weather and why they grow or don't grow. The weather changing to the point that the grapes don't grow must indicate some kind of climate change as a contributing factor of a failed grape crop. Perhaps some other factors come into play... its beyond me, I don't have a whinery to manage.

meteorology

mē″tē-ə-rŏl′ə-jē

noun​

1. The science that deals with the phenomena of the atmosphere, especially weather and weather conditions.
  2. The science which treats of the motions and phenomena of the earth's atmosphere; the scientific study of weather and climate, their causes, changes, relations, and effects. Abbreviated meteorology
  3. The science which treats of the atmosphere and its phenomena, particularly of its variations of heat and moisture, of its winds, storms,
Define it however you like... Forecasting weather is a bit different than studying the climate, however, they are closely related in numerous ways. Like a snap shot compared to a long period of focused attention on the past. Weathermen are like most men... they live for years and can form a fairly accurate opinion based on what they have experienced for decades.

Are far as the Tucker Carlson grievance goes... You implied that grapes somehow tell the story of recent weather and why they grow or don't grow. The weather changing to the point that the grapes don't grow must indicate some kind of climate change as a contributing factor of a failed grape crop. Perhaps some other factors come into play... its beyond me, I don't have a whinery to manage.
paramedic and nurses are health care workers and some have decades of experience… they study anatomy, provide health care, and use equipment to monitor human hearts, like a cardiologist. however, whose opinion will carry more “weight” if you had questions specific to heart health? the definition you posted says science that deals with weather. weather does not equal climate. 2 different words with different definitions. that tells me you dont a lot about this subject and are probably trying to google information about the topic to form a rebuttal, which is ok. no one person is an expert in all fields, i know im not. btw this back and forth banter isn’t about proving whose right or wrong or some sort of xxxx measuring contest. it’s about pointing out that people who have no formal training/education in a field is climate or possibly any field of science all of sudden are experts and say climate change isnt real, its natural, its fake, or its some ploy by bill gates or the clintons because they saw some talking head on facebook debunk it… smh. climate science doesnt say climate change doesn’t occur naturally, the concern in the field is the impact human activity is having on our planet. such as the large amount of greenhouse gas emissions.

We used to be one large landmass. Piece the continents back together. Show me where S Dakota was ever exposed to the oceans. Or Kentucky. Or New Mexico. Or the Sahara Desert.

So we can hopefully agree we split apart at some point a few hundred million years ago.. This doesn't explain why the earth has cycled hot and cold multiple times since then.

And if I'm not mistaken the acceleration of warming has taken place in the last 100 years. Not the last 10,000 years. But the evidence does suggest we have been warming. Just like we know we had an ice age in relative recent earth history prior to that. You can do your own data reviews.

Now moving along to awareness of what causes it. Burning of fossil fuels could stop tomorrow. Outlaw all of it. (Hypothetically speaking).

Now we would lose our carbon based energy used to make heat, create about 60% of the electricity in the U.S. and about 85 % of the worldwide electricity. It also moves our goods, purifies our water, and makes up a large portion of our durable petroleum based products.

So those will all go away. And we've already depleted most of our forest. So falling back on wood isn't sustainable to survive off of.

And would it stop the heating cycle? Possibly. The evidence suggest it's had cycles of heating and cooling. We just weren't around to debate if we could control it or not.

So if tomorrow ( hypothetically) it all went away, we'd immediately be in the stone age. We'd cease to exist as humans before the temp came down enough to make it worth the efforts.

I'd rather agree to slow it down for 100 years and hope we can buy enough time to let technology catch up. Mankind has been pretty good at both causing it's problems and solving problems. We did not create global warming. This is a new problem that isn't as simple as stop burning fossil fuels. We have to solve mother nature. If we can't, our time here on earth was never up to us anyway.

We are making great strides in undoing plastics, reforesting lands, managing wildlife and resources. I'm in full support of bringing back nuclear powered power plants. It's the quickest, easiest and most understood way to make massive amounts of energy compared to anything else we know. Advancing electric vehicles. It takes time to advance those technologies. And yes it needs help by our government. Don't eff with people like Elon. He is a Thomas Edison of this century. The fact that he has become super wealthy from it, is totally worth it to us a society and a planet. He's certainly better at it than our government is.
And CBS just did a story about going to a plant based diet. Eliminate the greenhouses gases caused by the mass factory concept of raising edible meats.

I'll agree this is a step we can control. I'll give up meat before I'll give up electricity.

paramedic and nurses are health care workers and some have decades of experience… they study anatomy, provide health care, and use equipment to monitor human hearts, like a cardiologist. however, whose opinion will carry more “weight” if you had questions specific to heart health? the definition you posted says science that deals with weather. weather does not equal climate. 2 different words with different definitions. that tells me you dont a lot about this subject and are probably trying to google information about the topic to form a rebuttal, which is ok. no one person is an expert in all fields, i know im not. btw this back and forth banter isn’t about proving whose right or wrong or some sort of xxxx measuring contest. it’s about pointing out that people who have no formal training/education in a field is climate or possibly any field of science all of sudden are experts and say climate change isnt real, its natural, its fake, or its some ploy by bill gates or the clintons because they saw some talking head on facebook debunk it… smh. climate science doesnt say climate change doesn’t occur naturally, the concern in the field is the impact human activity is having on our planet. such as the large amount of greenhouse gas emissions.
And then we have CNN to watch so we can all live in fear because we fully believe only the experts on CNN and other propagandist channels can bring out the truth about "Climate Change".

Regardless of where you think I glean my opinions from... the truth for me is we don't really understand how all the forces in nature that entwine themselves and produce the end results we experience on a daily basis are somehow influenced totally by mankind's industrialization of this planet. However, the rise of information flooding into every level of society tells us how bad things are going to get because what we produce to survive is going to cause our own demise. Oh, the horror of it all!

Great strides in the study of how we individually think, act, and produce results is coming and will eventually create the levels of higher conciousness that positively impacts this planet. I won't expand on that because I am doubtful you wouldn't believe any of it based on the 3 dimensional reality you can only touch, see, feel, smell or taste.

Or, you can listen to the influencers of this world that have one thing in mind... its up to you to figure out who is telling you the truth. Just look how long those despots from the past were able to run their racket on this world until enough leaders with the opposite mindset said enough is enough. This is the battle humanity finds itself in again right now. Covid is just the latest edition of what ails humanity. Dr Fauci and all of those influencers connected to him live with one purpose in mind... to rule the world. I am pretty certain you think that is nonsense because people like Mao, Pol Pot, Castro and dozens of others that did what they could to wreck their corner of the world with totalitarian rule were just a blip in history.

Sorry to break this to you... these kind of people with power to rule over others still exist. Example...N. Korea has 25 million slaves that are getting shorter from malnutrition on at least 3 consecutive generations of slave captivity. Its likely you won't find that kind of information on Wikipedia.

You don't have to have a PHD in front of your name to figure out who is lying and who is telling you the truth.

200.gif

View attachment 1646828

no thank you that looks like diabetes type 2 on a plate :D

Back