Needing to vent - Lockdown again (apologies to all)

ottafish

Registered
Apologies to all, but I need somewhere to vent where I won't get blasted by the local touchy, feely types.
As of 20:00Hrs last night, (Thurs) we have started another 7 days min of lockdown. This is our 6th effort at this.
By the time this 7 days are up, we will have spent just on 200 days in lockdown. What are the rules you may ask...
  • only 5 reasons to leave your home: food or Dr/chemist, caregiving, Authorized work-ie a emergency worker or similar and to get a vaccine.
  • All retail is shut, no stores to open.
  • 5km movement limit from your home
  • 2 hours allowance to be outside to exercise.
  • Everything else cancelled, shutdown or closed
  • You can't even have a few friends meet up in the park outside
As I mentioned, this is the start of our 183rd day of lockdown. Last year we spent 111 days in same lockdown but with tighter restrictions, 20:00 curfew, police and army walking the streets enforcing the "stay at home orders", I Govt issued work permit to leave the house to work away from home if you're classed as a essential worker, or face up to $10k in fines.

We're hurting. Families are hurting. Kids education is hurting. Businesses closing by the dozen. I'm finding it harder to get out of bed every day.
We as citizens are forbidden to leave the country. You need a Govt approved form to be able to leave the country, with a very, very good reason. Even if you have family and a work life in another country, you cannot leave without Govt approval.
We can't even go from state to state without permits. And even if you do, you risk the possibility of being locked out of your own state and not being able to get back home.

We currently have the state of 6.5 million people locked down, ( for maybe 10 cases) some areas haven't seen a case of the virus at all as they are so remote, yet they have to abide by the rules. Oh, masks are compulsory inside and out unless you're at home. Can incur a fine if caught without a mask outside. We've gone for nearly 3 months, (this time round) with no visitors to your home, which means no human contact with friends, family or loved ones.

Now we're being told that even if we get to the Govt decreed 80% population vaccinated, we'll still have restrictions, lockdowns and enforcements applied.
I have a magnificent Hayabusa that has sat for a total of over 12 months in the garage as I can't legally ride it. I'm starting to wonder why I keep it..

I am unsure what the answer is, but existing like this is not sustainable. I don't want to just exist, I want to live. I'm only here once and I've already crossed the halfway mark and I don't want to waste my time just existing. It's not what I signed up for. I'm over it. Had a gut full. Take ya Covid and jam it where the sun doesn't shine as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Hang in there mate , do whatever it takes to keep your sanity , I hope Victoria gets this all done and up and running again . People over here , in SA are worried about same thing lockdown , near zero warning happening , but at the moment , we are not there yet . I'm getting out for a quick blast before it does .

I thinks its all "obedience training" by the global elites. Yes... The virus is real... they are more than willing to kill people to get their way and make a point out of all of it .

We are dealing with sociopaths and worse types that don't give two cents about the freedoms and rights we are suppose to have. They think they are so superior to all of us that we don't deserve to live.

I don't trust anyone of these political hacks and their brethren... These people think you don't deserve your rights and freedoms either.

This is why you see...

1. Pelosi getting her hair done when no one else can and going maskless inside with others around her.
2. You see Obama golfing with friends when the golf course is closed.
3. Gavin Newsome eating out with friends and business associates with no mask.
4. Mayor of Chicago getting a haircut at a salon when everything is closed.
5. Illegal aliens crossing the border and being sent all over the country by bus and plane by the feds and knowingly aware that some of these people are infected with Covid.

Humanity is under attack... bet me...

Levin lays it all out.

He systematically points out the damage dementia fraud slow Joe and crew is doing to America.

Last edited:
Man I'm feelin' ya buddy.
NZ has had a clear run since March last year, only one 5 week lockdown for us here in the South Island, our local economy is booming because no kiwis are going overseas for holidays (the odd Aussie holiday or Pacific Islands maybe) so all the holiday cash is spent right here at home.
Must be hell for you Victorians, I love Melbourne, awesome town.
Keep your chin up mate, it's gotta get better at some point soon.
And when they do finally open your borders, come for a holiday over here mate, I'll show you around.
Take care mate.
Kiwi.

Apologies to all, but I need somewhere to vent where I won't get blasted by the local touchy, feely types.
As of 20:00Hrs last night, (Thurs) we have started another 7 days min of lockdown. This is our 6th effort at this.
By the time this 7 days are up, we will have spent just on 200 days in lockdown. What are the rules you may ask...
  • only 5 reasons to leave your home: food or Dr/chemist, caregiving, Authorized work-ie a emergency worker or similar and to get a vaccine.
As I mentioned, this is the start of our 183rd day of lockdown. Last year we spent 111 days in same lockdown but with tighter restrictions, 20:00 curfew, police and army walking the streets enforcing the "stay at home orders", I Govt issued work permit to leave the house to work away from home if you're classed as a essential worker, or face up to $10k in fines.

We're hurting. Families are hurting. Kids education is hurting. Businesses closing by the dozen. I'm finding it harder to get out of bed every day.
We as citizens are forbidden to leave the country. You need a Govt approved form to be able to leave the country, with a very, very good reason. Even if you have family and a work life in another country, you cannot leave without Govt approval.
We can't even go from state to state without permits. And even if you do, you risk the possibility of being locked out of your own state and not being able to get back home.

We currently have the state of 6.5 million people locked down, ( for maybe 10 cases) some areas haven't seen a case of the virus at all as they are so remote, yet they have to abide by the rules. Oh, masks are compulsory inside and out unless you're at home. Can incur a fine if caught without a mask outside. We've gone for nearly 3 months, (this time round) with no visitors to your home, which means no human contact with friends, family or loved ones.

Now we're being told that even if we get to the Govt decreed 80% population vaccinated, we'll still have restrictions, lockdowns and enforcements applied.
I have a magnificent Hayabusa that has sat for a total of over 12 months in the garage as I can't legally ride it. I'm starting to wonder why I keep it..

I am unsure what the answer is, but existing like this is not sustainable. I don't want to just exist, I want to live. I'm only here once and I've already crossed the halfway mark and I don't want to waste my time just existing. It's not what I signed up for. I'm over it. Had a gut full. Take ya Covid and jam it where the sun doesn't shine as far as I'm concerned.
Hi. What you do not like LOCK DOWNS? I love lockdowns! [ SHOW YOUR PAPERS, SHOW THEM NOW PAPERS PAPERS] Lockdowns are good for us they keep us safe [ SHOW YOUR PAPERS] The government knows what is good us. [ SHOW YOUR PAPERS NOW ]Do not be selfish help keep others safe! SHOW YOUR PAPERS ] I wish the USA would put the army on the streets to protect us, We just can not live with this deadly virus with a survival rate of 99,74%. We have to get it up to 99.75 then we will all be OK. And for all who think I am crazy you are correct I am! Look at what I am doing at almost 73 building a bike to try to as close to 300MPH as I can...................................................................................

Hi. What you do not like LOCK DOWNS? I love lockdowns! [ SHOW YOUR PAPERS, SHOW THEM NOW PAPERS PAPERS] Lockdowns are good for us they keep us safe [ SHOW YOUR PAPERS] The government knows what is good us. [ SHOW YOUR PAPERS NOW ]Do not be selfish help keep others safe! SHOW YOUR PAPERS ] I wish the USA would put the army on the streets to protect us, We just can not live with this deadly virus with a survival rate of 99,74%. We have to get it up to 99.75 then we will all be OK. And for all who think I am crazy you are correct I am! Look at what I am doing at almost 73 building a bike to try to as close to 300MPH as I can...................................................................................
While I was away , I missed you the most bro , you crazy bastard !!

Well, the governments are damned if they do and damned if they don't it seems....if they did nothing and mass numbers of people died as a result, what would be said then? They did something and there are fallouts from this as well....

All I know is I'm sure glad I'm not the one having to make that decision.

We have been in lockdowns on and off since last March and it has not been fun in any way, shape or form but if nothing was done, and this killed off all the vulnerable citizens, it would have been less fun.

I don't know anyone who enjoys being told what to do.

Papers please.. . Hurry hurry!!!
Ze paaaaapers quickly!
We love you ya crazy old ambitious Motörhead madman!!! Lmao!

If you were still in uniform, you could be one of the soldiers out on the streets protecting us from ourselves....

This virus does NOT have that survivability rate in the vulnerable people of our societies....this is who we are needing to protect...getting vaccinations protects these people.

I am unsure what the answer is, but existing like this is not sustainable. I don't want to just exist, I want to live. I'm only here once and I've already crossed the halfway mark and I don't want to waste my time just existing.

@ottafish please hang in there. Try to look for the half-full glass and any opportunities to be creative and productive. If riding is an important activity but you cannot ride then you have no choice but to focus on something else to keep you sane. Search your dreams meticulously. Is there something inside, for example like an artist, musician, cook, gardener, author, etc. that has been looking for the opportunity to escape?

Even in lockdown, books can take us anywhere that we want to go.

Well, hang in there @ottafish! Just think about people who have endured worse and keep working the imagination. Maybe plan a Hayabusa build or something like that - but I wouldn't try to do one right now because waiting on parts drove me crazy in better times! I have been making a post-COVID bucket list of things I'm going to do when the restrictions are lifted, that's actually sort of fun. I'm lucky because I'm a natural introvert and can endure being alone for long periods of time. But I do have the wife and dogs.

It does piss me off though because the only way out of this is the vaccine and people just don't get that every unvaccinated person is an open door for a new version of the virus. Sooner or later, there is going to be a mutation that we will not be able to stop. The longer we let this go the more dangerous it gets.

If worse comes to worst, nations like yours with super strict isolation regulations may be all that's left. Guess that was a piss poor effort at cheering you up!

Chin up Mate!

I suspect the U.S. will go full lockdown around Sep/Oct. Coupled with everyone getting stimulus and unemployment $$ started. Elections are coming up for the Senate and House. We need to have our people at home, and paid so that are happy to vote.

@fallenarch hasn't the U.s reached their vaccine goal? I couldn't imagine living like that.... I know in canada people will not do another lockdown without mass rebellion. I'm fully vaccinated for the sake of just moving on but their is no way in hell I'm going back into lockdown or wearing a mask again.... I did my part if the vaccine doesn't work, I dont care anymore...

Peoples mental health are getting thrown to the side for an extremely high survival rate virus that majority only affects the elderly.

Caveat -- Long read

My perspective which isn't very popular is that if there was some compassion and willingness to understand others perspectives we wouldn't be in the situation we are currently in. We have passed the point of civility and understanding because we have lost faith and trust in each other. The country is split down the middle on just about everything because of the inability to show a little empathy and people essentially being told they have to choose a side to which, I REFUSE TO DO.

Do I think mask are necessary? Yes
Do I think that President Trump was a great President - No
Do I think that President Biden is a great President - No
Do I think that Republicans are always right or have the best interest of the country in mind - No
Do I think that all Democrats are always right or have the best interest of the country in mind - No

Do I think that the all GOP wants is to kick people out of their houses, keep kids hungry or surpress voting rights - No

Do I think that all the democratic party wants to kill all unborn babies, redistribute wealth or defund the police - No

There is middle ground on most of the issues but we as a country have lost the ability to discuss, empathize or have some compassion of the circumstances. While I might not agree with someone doesn't mean that I can't try to understand why a person believes the way they do.

I see the same attitudes on this forum and on every other social media platform. If you have to call the President of the USA names then you clearly don't honor even the position of President.

At what point did we lose the ability to have a conversation? Was it possibly the same time that the ability to compromise occurred?

Because of these new revelations we can't even agree that science is important, your personal beliefs are important and the best interest of the country is important too.

So how will we ever get out of this situation we are in? Until there are folks on both sides willing to stipulate we won't get anywhere which is exactly where our country is right now.

If people would compromise on mask then there wouldn't be an opportunity for politicians to get involved.
If people would compromise on staying at home and only getting out when essential then politicians wouldn't need to get involved...

WE THE PEOPLE are fighting each other and expecting professional politicians the opportunity to gain power and become the authority in an area they have no business to be in the first place...

We continue to empower our leaders because WE THE PEOPLE can't figure it out...

So team, Lets figure it out...

Back