Need More Speed

RaynTerror

Registered
I've been browsing through other posts trying to get some ideas on what to do to my Busa to give it more power. I'm not familiar with modifying a fuel injected bike, so i could use a little help. i was thinkinkin a 4-2-1 exaust for starters, but i don't understand how to make it run right. i keep seeing PCIII(what is it?) mentioned when doing an exhaust upgrade. does it automatically correct the FI system or do you have to take it to a dyno? sorry 4 sounding so ignorant on the subject. but i won't know if i don't ask. I'm use to just having to rejet the carbs.... PLEASE explain to me what items i should purchase and about how much it will cost me.
THANKS!

if you can only afford the exhaust, it's gonna be fine. the f.i. will be fine, no tuning needed.

if your gonna buy a pipe and a pc3r, then get it tuned.

Electronically controlled fuel injected bikes, like the Hayabusa, have computers that control the fuel/air mixture. A Power Commander is another little computer that is plugged in between the stock computer and the throttle bodies. This new/additional computer lets you modify the fuel/air mixture at various points in the RPM band (these settings are called a map.) All of this is similar to jetting a carbed bike, just much more adjustable.

Depending on the year of Hayabsua you have, you'll need different Power Commanders. PC3R works for 2002 on up. PC2 should work on 1999-2001. But check the Power Commander web site to be sure. Be sure to buy the correct one and the one intended for the Hayabusa -- different bikes have different wiring harnesses.

Most will probably tell you if you are going to invest in a full system then at some point in time you are going to want to get a PCII or PCIII to fine tune the exhuast

get the PCIIIr , the most adjustabilty for the $$$$. It controls the timing and fuel with the same box .Take it to a dyno for the tuning with a good mechanic .

no the Pc3r will not you will need a TRE (timing retard eliminator) to yank the limiter. The're about 50-70 dollars

no the Pc3r will not you will need a TRE (timing retard eliminator) to yank the limiter. The're about 50-70 dollars
or about $0.50 if you have some ambition.

its just a resistor that has the same impedance as the one that you have for 5th gear.
smile.gif

I thought that doing the tre mod was actually proven to slow the bike down in a 1/4 mile?

Back