Exhaust 101

Anyone using the Akrapovik( Spelling? ) full system? If so what are your feelings? TIA
newbie.gif

BulletTrain,

Switching the sides the pipe attach to will not work. The plate is angled, that is why that pipes angle in towards the back of the bike. If you reverse that, they will angle outward.

Just drill out the rivits that holds the Yoshi emblem and fill with some JB Weld. Yours are polished, so a little will show, mike are cardon fiber and look great.

Or, you can pop a cap into the little hole to plug. Just a thought.

Stealth

MVC_004F.JPG

I've got micron slip-ons and they sound great, neighborhood friendly till you drop the hammer on it.

BulletTrain,

Switching the sides the pipe attach to will not work.  The plate is angled, that is why that pipes angle in towards the back of the bike.  If you reverse that, they will angle outward.

Just drill out the rivits that holds the Yoshi emblem and fill with some JB Weld.  Yours are polished, so a little will show, mike are cardon fiber and look great.

Or, you can pop a cap into the little hole to plug.  Just a thought.

Stealth
Thanks Stealth. I had thought about drilling the rivets to remove the badges and filling the holes. The thing is, patched holes on polished cans would look about as bad to me as the gaudy badges. I thought about just putting rivets back in the holes but I don't really want that either.

Maybe I should just look at other brands of bolt on cans and find some with a cleaner look. Hmmm... Back to the drawing board.

Va, you know Harley riders that are that open minded? To let in a Foreign sportbike. In my area they had problems with my Buell, which is a Harley product.

J

Thor -

I'm already getting needled for "straying" from the Harley crowd, but the hubby and my Dad are both part of that group, so I'm guessing they won't kick me out!  I just spent money on a very nice white leather Harley race coat, new white helmet, and I do own some Harley shirts, so I'll be the only Suzuki rider sporting the Harley gear I suppose...I'm hoping that will be enough for them to let me in...

If it isn't, I don't mind riding alone, or meeting some guys/gals from this board to test my skills with!

I got a good one, If I get the Akropovic bolt on's now and then decide to get the full system what do I do with the bolt on's? Can I use one and sell the other or are they totally different?

What and where are the best prices for Akro's? I'm ready to order!

Thanks,
thumbs-up.gif

I got a good one, If I get the Akropovic bolt on's now and then decide to get the full system what do I do with the bolt on's? Can I use one and sell the other or are they totally different?

What and where are the best prices for Akro's? I'm ready to order!

Thanks,
thumbs-up.gif
No Sir, You Sell your Bolt on to someone here on the board...Maybe even me...Akropvich is top of the line stuff, they should hold their value fairly well if kept pristine.

I really like my yoshi rs3 race bolt ons!  They have really great sound and they look good too!  I was experiencing some small backfiring with these pipes so I removed my pair valve and my problem was eliminated.  I also removed a friend of mines pair valve on his busa and he told me that his bike seemed to run smoother.  He has the same setup as I do.  I hope you find what you are looking for.  I will attach a picture of my bike so you can see what the yoshi rs3 ovals look like.
BIRD1300 IS YOUR BUSA 03 MODEL?
rock.gif

I really like my yoshi rs3 race bolt ons!  They have really great sound and they look good too!  I was experiencing some small backfiring with these pipes so I removed my pair valve and my problem was eliminated.  I also removed a friend of mines pair valve on his busa and he told me that his bike seemed to run smoother.  He has the same setup as I do.  I hope you find what you are looking for.  I will attach a picture of my bike so you can see what the yoshi rs3 ovals look like.
Thanks for the pics!! I was at a toss-up between and the Two BRos and the Yoshi but now I am definately going with the Yoshis
super.gif

Back