Need Ideas, for Custom Air Brush Helmet...

Fan2zee

Registered
Getting new paint on Busa, like to get new IDEAS for paint on my old Helmet...

xr900_duhamel_tc1_big.jpg

Flame jobs are soooo common these days, but you could do that. If you're looking to do something different, ask yourself what kind of art you like.

Say you like Western Indian art, or Japanese art, you could do something that borrows themes from that.

What are your hobbies? Is there a particular music album cover you like?

My $0.02.

ditto to above, and...

smokin gunz custom paint: www.geocities.com/smokingunzinc

medusaslair.jpg

My helmet should be done in a week or so, I will post some pictures when it is all done.

Go to this site and talk to Tony and tell him Merritt sent you:
http://www.planetsuperbike.com/

<!--EDIT|Smoke_Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135988626 -->

I have always wanted to get an H.R. Gieger theme
I've always been a big fan of Giger's work! The themes for some of his works are pretty dark and twisted, but there's no denying his talent!
wink.gif
One of my favorites has always been "BIRTHMACHINE" shown below...

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135996020 -->

Poster15big.jpg

Another of my favorite Giger pieces is "ELP". This isn't a great scan (found on the net) but gives you an idea of what the piece looks like.

Poster05big.jpg

I want to get mine done like this or a variant of it some day

<!--EDIT|id_gunnut
Reason for Edit: "cant spell"|1135996766 -->

helm.jpg

One more work safe Giger favorite of mine... "ATTAHK"

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135997024 -->

hr_giger_attahk.jpg

If the artist is good BT, get a "theme" involving multiple faces all being yours or your kids.

I saw one once that was on a shelf.  It was a boat pulling a skier w/a hot air balloon w/basket.  People in basket.  All faces were the painter himself.  Looked neat.  Could always get an original scooby doo.  I painted sponge bob for my girls helmet last year.

JD

CIMG0137.JPG

If the artist is good BT, get a "theme" involving multiple faces all being yours or your kids.

I saw one once that was on a shelf. It was a boat pulling a skier w/a hot air balloon w/basket. People in basket. All faces were the painter himself. Looked neat. Could always get an original scooby doo. I painted sponge bob for my girls helmet last year.

JD
I feel ya, but I wasn't the one lookin' for ideas. I've got plenty ideas and no time or money to execute them.
biggrin.gif

Let me help you bro..... amatuers:
helmet1.jpg

helmet2.jpg

helmet3.jpg

Matches this:
NewAdditions.jpg

have fun with it. When i went to talk to the guy who did the paint for me I told him this: "I want it to look like a Headless Horseman type theme. Like in the cartoons we used to watch as a kid. Remember the horseman used to throw the pumpkin at Ichabod Crane....? THAT!!!"
This is what the guy created for me!

Back