Need help.

Lazerblade

Protector of Freedom
Donating Member
Registered
I bought two X box games yesterday, put them in the hump no problem. Now the hump won't come off. Hopefully I don't have to go to Suzuki to fix this.

Thanks,

Paul

On a more serious note, did you try wiggling the hump up and down while you worked the key? Just a thought. Does it feel like the key/lock is working but the hump is stuck, or what? Tell me more...

The key is working because you can feel the resistance. It just won't unlock. My guess is the X-box games moved somehow to keep the lock from opening somehow. I have the seat off now and I am experimenting.

this has happened to me also. when you put something in that kinda makes a tight fit it blocks the inner lock from turning. most off the time you can bump the hump w/ your fist while you turn the key. i wouldnt pay anyone myself to fix it. if worse comes to worse you might be able to take out a few push pins on the black plastic undertail then slide your hand in and push the CDs out of the way. thats what i would do.

I believe the answer lies not in the lock but your choice of gaming systems. You see the XBOX features larger, more cumbersome disks than the GAMECUBE and is backed by a company known for shoddy workmanship. The GAMECUBE and related software are designed and manufactured by a company that pretty much wrote the book on "Fun" video games and therefore creates a much more functional product. In conclusion, had you purchased GAMECUBE games, your hump would not have failed and you'd be playing Zelda already. Thank you for coming, please tip the waitresses.

this has happened to me also. when you put something in that kinda makes a tight fit it blocks the inner lock from turning. most off the time you can bump the hump w/ your fist while you turn the key. i wouldnt pay anyone myself to fix it. if worse comes to worse you might be able to take out a few push pins on the black plastic undertail then slide your hand in and push the CDs out of the way. thats what i would do.
That was my next suggestion if the lock seemed to be functioning properly. Usually works with stuck hoods or trunks. Let us know... :cool:

I have the whole back section taken apart and guess what holds it all together? The lock. I also hope Suzuki has lots of extra popins to replace the ones that are missing now. LOL. I am starting to get upset.

ACK!

Paul

ive done this before, take out the push pins on the left side of the bike, if you are careful they will come out with no damage, suzuki replaces them for $1 a piece. rip offs. anyway then take the screws out of that side of the tail fairing. one is at the very front on that side and the other is disguised as a tie down. take the plastic piece out of it and take it off with an allen wrench. next you can pull out on the tail piece a little, not too much to break it, and you should be able to slide your hand in and dislodge the cds.

Nope. Got the tool kit out but cannot get my hand in far enough to grab one of the CD's. This sucks. LOL. But thanks for all the ideas. When I took all the fasteners out of the left side, the key and lock still holds the plactic close to the bike.

Got it by taking the tail light screws out and jiggleing the tail section. Thanks all for your help. Now to put it all together again.

Paul

Have you fixed it yet?

I've done this twice and it is easy once you know how, but it will take me a few minutes to explain and I have to go out now.

Let me know if you have not fixed it and I will give you the detailed directions. I believe there is only one way to do it. (And that is with a wire from the front join under where the seat is.)

I believe the answer lies not in the lock but your choice of gaming systems.  You see the XBOX features larger, more cumbersome disks than the GAMECUBE and is backed by a company known for shoddy workmanship.  The GAMECUBE and related software are designed and manufactured by a company that pretty much wrote the book on "Fun" video games and therefore creates a much more functional product.  In conclusion, had you purchased GAMECUBE games, your hump would not have failed and you'd be playing Zelda already.  Thank you for coming, please tip the waitresses.
Okay this is really funny. ROFLMAO

Back