Need help with mods

Lucky34

Registered
Ok... now that I got a busa, the mod bug has gotten me
tounge.gif

Here are some things that I want to get for the busa. Please let me know What product you recomend, how much it costs, and from where I can get it.

Mods to get somewhat soon:
- Double-Bubble Screen (Zero Gravity?) $80
- Security Alarm (Scorpio SR-i500) $299
- Seat (Corbin or Tobin?) $239 or $197
- Something to protect the tank from my zipper/beltbuckle/etc (I don't really want a tank bra though...)
- Changing Lights (Putting some kind of 100w Xenon) ~$30

Dream Mods:
- Turbo
AAAssjani.gif
(~$5,000)
- Full Exhaust (...)
- PCIII
- TRE

more to come?

The Double Bubble is a must IMO. Looks better and allows you to see the gauges. Cost 70 dollars.

I prefer my Tobin seat over the Corbin that I had . The Corbin felt too hard to me. You may also want to check out the Suzuki gel seat. I see the gel seats on Ebay sometimes.

Check out www.indysuperbike.com

The Double Bubble is a must IMO. Looks better and allows you to see the gauges. Cost 70 dollars.

I prefer my Tobin seat over the Corbin that I had . The Corbin felt too hard to me. You may also want to check out the Suzuki gel seat. I see the gel seats on Ebay sometimes.

Check out www.indysuperbike.com
I should be getting my gel seat any day now. I have a Corbin for my other bike. I'll give you a direct comparison when it arrives. From what I understand, the Tobin sits much lower than the stock, Corbin or gel seats.

You may also want to consider a riser to make your riding position a bit more upright (less fatigue on wrists and upper back.) I am also receiving one of these shortly. I don't know if it's necessary to have both the riser and a lowered seat to achieve positional Nirvana. I intend to find out though
smile.gif

Don't forget the fender eliminator and frame sliders.
smile.gif

smile.gif

Ya the Tobin seat is cut down about 1.5-2 inches. I like it because i have short legs and it allows my feet to sit flat on the ground when at a stop.

wouldn't recommend a 100w bulb there have been a few post that people have posted on here reguarding the 100 w bulbs frying your wire harness. You might want to look into it befor you do it.

if you must have a TRE, you can make one for about $2.00 just need a 6.8k ohm resistor and instructions on where to put it. Send me a PM if interested and I can tell you how.

Ok... now that I got a busa, the mod bug has gotten me
tounge.gif

Here are some things that I want to get for the busa. Please let me know What product you recomend, how much it costs, and from where I can get it.

- Something to protect the tank from my zipper/beltbuckle/etc (I don't really want a tank bra though...)

Dream Mods:
- Turbo  
AAAssjani.gif
(~$5,000)
- Full Exhaust (...)
- PCIII
- TRE

more to come?

ZG makes a good DB winscreen, but think the thickness of the PUIG smoke windscreen is a little better. Same price ($70-$80)

A definite must item. Are you planning to get all the accessories. You can try <a href="http://www.kneedraggers.com">Knee Draggers<a>

Tobin, unless you will be doing a lot of 2 up ridin' and want a backrest for the passenger.

Tank pads can be very effective. Available at eBay all day. You may want to check <a href="http://www.second-look.com">Second-Look<a> because they have great tank bras and seats that are color-matched to your bike.

Would recommend one of Icemann's HID lights ($250 new, something less if used), if you can get a hold of one. He hasn't been able to produce any in quite awhile, but you can find them in the 'Classifieds' from time to time.

Dream Mods:
- Turbo
AAAssjani.gif
(~$5,000)

Ghetto or Velocity are the popular ones. Check the site sponsor for these.

- Full Exhaust (...)

See JohnnyCheese. He's the mechanical man around here and get most anything that you want.

- PCIII

You will need one if you go with a full exhaust. JohnnyCheese can probably get the best price (something less than $300 for a USB).

- TRE

AAAssjani.gif

Good list.... Use a MagKnight tank protector or 3m paint protector clear film.

Thanks a lot for the input guys.
Really appreciate it.
And yeah... I forgot to add some kind of undertail to get rid of that ugly mudguard thing... What where they thinking
rock.gif
?
I know its a government thing.. like the reflectors and stuff.. but still.... it's butt ugly.

Back