need help rear mudflap removal

Milton

Registered
Please, someone can help me with pics or video to disconect the license plate lamp on gen2. I tried to remove the rear mudflap but I cannot find the connector. I dont like to cut the cables. Thanks

The connector is in the tail under the passenger seat. You could cut the wires also with no ill effects. Not a big deal.

pull off the tail plastic
10 bolts and 6 push pins...7 if you want to remove one from the little plastic piece in the middle to help with removal.

Take the seats off and start to loosen the tail section and take out the push pins to split the tail down the canter and then you should be able to slip your hand in there and find the connector to disconnect it properly.

If I remember correctly, the connector is on the left side of the bike! I think you can get to it by loosening the undertail!

The connector is in the tail under the passenger seat. You could cut the wires also with no ill effects. Not a big deal.

+1 if your putting an aftermarket plate mount your going to have to have a tag light anyways so just cut:thumbsup: mine was free, just took off the back reflectors, bent them back a little and walla...3 bucks for an LED light at wally world to make it legal

DSCN1301.jpg

It runs though the left side by the driver and pasenger seats, but u have to take all the tail out to get access to it. I cut it mine and put some electrical tape on it. I though was too much work at that time, i did end up unplug it some time later when I took the tail of for some other work that I was doing.

When I disconnect the conector, I can pass the cables thru the small hole on the undertail?. Its possible without cutting the cables?

Thank you

I just cut mine. My 08 I bought two little plate light bolts from Cycle and used those to mount the plate to the supports. I will do the same with the 09 once I get back to Cycle Gear.

Many thanks Blanca. Very useful. Its possible to slide the original tail light connector to not cutting the wlres?. I prefer to keep original the electric parts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Many thanks Blanca. Very useful. Its possible to slide the original tail light connector to not cutting the wlres?. I prefer to keep original the electric parts.
Posted via Mobile Device

i used the same thing blanca posted and yes you have to cut the wires to do that mod, simple and painless....the original light will not work...why don't you want to cut the wire?

You could probably unplug wires but this would require removing the tail to get to plug and then you would have to buy a matching style plug to install on led for new tag light .
I'm lazy and that was too much work so I cut and spliced :)

Posted via Mobile Device
Here,here! I suppose there are no truly irreversible mods because you can always buy new parts....but I only have done mods that can be reversed with the turn of a few screws. You never know when you might want to go back to stock.....probably for resale.

You could probably unplug wires but this would require removing the tail to get to plug and then you would have to buy a matching style plug to install on led for new tag light .
I'm lazy and that was too much work so I cut and spliced :)

just an idea--- You can find small crimp on electrical contacts at a hardware store. They could be attached to aftermarket tag light wires and be plugged into the same old tag light connector....then just carefully wrap in electrical tape or better yet---shrink wrap. I used the tag light connector for power to my Autotune module on my ZX-14. works great.

Milt, the tail plastics are not too hard to remove. Have a look at the Service manual and you will get it. There are some quick rivots and 3 connectors to unplug but it can be done in an hour the first goround....you know don't rush it.

If you like, put some smoked tail lights lenses on there while you're at it. Hot bodies worked well for mine.

Back