rear fender

Milton

Registered
Please, someone can help me with pics or video to disconect the license plate lamp on gen2. I tried to remove the rear fender but I cant localize the connector. I dont like to cut the cables. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

the connector is on the LEFT (close to where you insert the key to remove the hump). Once you have the REAR cowling "partially" off, you can pretty much trace the wire from the LP light to where it snaps in.

Its very deep to access from the rear cowl side, you think I need disengage partially the undertail. How I pass the connector thru the small hole on the undertail to left off the fender-license plate?.

Regards
Posted via Mobile Device

Its very deep to access from the rear cowl side, you think I need disengage partially the undertail. How I pass the connector thru the small hole on the undertail to left off the fender-license plate?.

Regards
Posted via Mobile Device

Much easier to take the entire rear cowling off:
http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm...el/GSX1300R/GroupID/382563/Group/FRAME_COVER_
* 4 push pins underneath the cowling (2 on each side)
* 4 push pins for plastic piece near the battery
* 2 reflectors (2 nuts/bolts per side)
* 2 screws under the hump/pax seat
* disconnect cable to lock seat/hump
* 2 allen head screws (1 each side)

Gently spread "FRONT" portion of cowling and then lift. The LAST/ONLY wire you will see still connected to the bike leads to the connector. Best of luck.

Last edited:
Back