need help bike stalling

drewco22

Donating Member
Registered
out riding today, cruzing around 4k and bike kinda skips a beat. keep going and does it again a few miles later. turn and head home and on the way back happens one more time. bike seems fine. took it out later and make it a couple of miles before bike stumbles, fi light comes on, gauges go crazy, and it dies. started right back up and turned for home and couldn't make it more than a few blocks at a time before it dies. disconected pc and same thing happens.took forever to get home it stumbles, gaughes go crazy and it dies, but starts right back up. anyone have a clue? i hate electrical problems.
i did have the neg battery terminal break off on me a week ago. kinda the same symtems but thats been fixed. this seems to be getting worse.

goingto check all the connections tommorrow. hate electrical, but hopefully it's just that and not the cpu or....

tps or fuel cut out relay . tps typically act up between 4000 to 4500 rpms for some strange reason and the fuel cut out relay can also be an intermittent problem as well (fuel cut out relay i will make sure that is the technical name for it in am but that it is what it is called on an sv650 just replaced one last week but if you have a good meter you can test them both just dont take the tps loose they are set in a specific location

sounds fuel related. Bike dies under load,but starts back up.

Is this an older busa?

year=
miles=
recent work,tune-up=
etc=

a little update. turns out when the neg battery cable broke it also cracked the term inside the battery. would only die when on the road at certain vibrations.found it by giggling every damn wire with the bike running. make sure you guys strap those batteries down
smile.gif
and thanks to everyone for the ideas and suggestions

Back