Help, my bike won't start

try checkin the fuel pump fuse it might have blowin
firedevil.gif

You definetly fouled your plugs that was our number one problem with new to them bike owners at the shop. They would fire the bike to show who ever how it sounded (I was guilty of this before I worked there as well) and if you do not let it get to operating temp the oil and carbon will build up on the plugs and foul them right out. You can remedy by using a tourch and get them white hot. Just be careful not to burn them to long or you will crack the porcelin. Rule of thumb is don't fire the bike unless you want to stand there for 5 or ten minutes to let it get good and hot. If I am firing after an oil change or exhaust work I will normaly wait till till the fan kicks on before I will shut it down. Plus it lets me know that the fan and coolant is still cycling like they should. Glad you figured it out. You probably should blow the big money of 12 bucks and just get new plugs for best performance but don't throw the others away they are still good just dirty. Hit them with a propane torch and they will work fine. You will see all the oil and junk flame off them.
beerchug.gif

Back