Help, my bike won't start

Da_Bus

Registered
Well I'm baffled.

I started my bike (2007 Busa) last night and it fired up and I let it idle for 30 seconds and then reved it a few times to let my uncle hear the pipe.

Turned it off.

Came back 2 hours later to start it again and it would not start. Engine turns over like crazy but no firing. It sputters for a quarter second here and there but that's it. Ended up draining the battery trying for a few minutes to start it.

Put it on the charger and this morning I went out to try and start it and it is doing the same thing. Turning over but no firing. Tried open throttle, closed throttle, idle up, idle down, everything.

Any help would be appreciated.

do you hear all the start ups (humming) as you turn on the key before starting?

All the startups occur, the buzzing etc. I wait for those to finish and then I try starting.
I flicked the kill switch off and then on. It of course won't turn over when the kill switch is in the off position. I also sat on the bike and raised the kickstand, that didn't help.
I am pulling in the clutch and pressing the start and it turns over endlessly.

I played with the shifter and the kickstand switch and the bike will still not fire, only turn over endlessly.

You are not getting a spark. Can you pull out a spark plug and do a spark test? Do you know how to do this? You need to check for spark

The bike is still under warrenty, I'm takin it in...
I'll let them figure it out
smile.gif

I think it's plugs as I just put a new Brocks Alien Exhaust on and I missed an airbox line when I hooked it back up and it was running like sheit. Could have fouled the plugs while I was figuring out what was wrong.
It was running great after that but then this happened.

Your bike was prolly running very rich? Was black smoke coming out of the pipes when it was running or if you cracked on the throttle? Fouled plugs it could be.
I would throw a set of plugs in before I took it to them and got ass raped! Ooh, and get ready for the old "Warrantee is not covered B/S line" cause you changed to another exhaust system....

Your bike was prolly running very rich? Was black smoke coming out of the pipes when it was running or if you cracked on the throttle? Fouled plugs it could be.
I would throw a set of plugs in before I took it to them and got ass raped! Ooh, and get ready for the old "Warrantee is not covered B/S line" cause you changed to another exhaust system....
+1

If you were running rich I would give that a shot before risking more damage in a garage.

I am pretty sure it is the plugs but my dealership is real good with me and has done warrenty work on vehicles for me before. They even had Yamaha cover my raptors blown tranny with 3 days coverage left on it although Yamaha wanted to say I was a bad shifter and I broke it myself
smile.gif

They also assured me when I bought it that I could put an aftermarket exhaust on and it would not affect my warrenty and their word is golden. We have faith in Walt Healy Motorsports here in Calgary.

It was definately running rich and lots and lots of black smoke was comming out prior to the airbox fix.

See, you are all set..just change the plugs and you should be good to go. Good to hear you have faith in your dealer and they treat you soo well!
beerchug.gif

Well here is the results:
I went out the next day to load the Bus onto a trailer to take to the dealer and I thought I should give it one more try at starting. Hit the starter and the bike fired up immediately! Bike ran great. Took it for a ride and it was stellar.

I have NO idea WTF was going on with it not starting. I didn't touch a thing and came back and it starts perfectly?

That's good news!
I would still change the plugs, or take it up on the highway and blow 'em out!

I would change the plugs, mine became very hard to start. I bought my bike used with 11,000 mi. and relized it was over the 7,500 mi. recommended plug change interval.It smelled very rich and was hard to start cold or hot.I put in the new plugs and was very impressed with imediate starting and increased performance. The previous owner left the plugs in way to long and degraded performance. Also its never good to start you're bike and shut it down without letting it reach operating temperature, that in itself can foul plugs.

change your plugs buddy I used to have the same problem with my ninja before i got my busa. Everytime it was the plugs I'd change them and it would start right up.

Back