Won't start!

Donnie373

Registered
Well first off I should say hi! I am a long time lurker and first time poster. The info that you have given to the .org has been greatly helpfull to me. Ok, now on to my busa...

I have a '05 busa with about 1,500 miles. I have this problem where I go to turn it on right after riding and it cranks reeeaaalllyyy slowly. Will not start. If, before I ride, I turn it on an let it idle for a few minutes then turn it off and back on again I have no problems. But once I have ridden for about ten to fifteen minutes and shut it off... it won't start. When that happens I start charging the battery. I have not yet tried letting it cool down first then trying to start it before I charge it. I guess that if I can rule out no starting because it's hot then it has to be the battery... right???

You guys are awsome! I know that. Thanks,
Donnie

Weak battery, oem batteries suck.

I got a high output battery from schnitzracing, I think its 235cca, and haven't had a problem since.
wink.gif

Is <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YTZ14S-Sealed-AGM-Battery-Honda-Premium-Factory-YTZ14-S_W0QQitemZ4636057455QQcategoryZ3559
4QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">This</a> a good one or a fake? dosn't look like the Real thing to me... but way cheaper!

So i just tried to turn it on. Yeah, it turned on. Havn't charged it yet and i didn't get a new battery. It just won't start hot. Why o why. On your advice I am going to order a new battery. I hope this isn't going to be a bigger problem.
Thanks.

So i just tried to turn it on. Yeah, it turned on. Havn't charged it yet and i didn't get a new battery. It just won't start hot. Why o why. On your advice I am going to order a new battery. I hope this isn't going to be a bigger problem.
Thanks.
I had the same problem, after the bike cooled for 20mins it would start. The high output battery solved my problem.

The only reason I can think of is when wires, batteries, and starters motors are hot, they have more resistance.

I've heard that using a thicker guage wire from the starter to the battery also helps, but I never tried that.

I gope it solves your problem.

Back