F1 lamp and stall

Stilslo

Registered
2011 with 12,000 miles and slip-ons. I have around 200 miles on her since changing spark plugs and air filter. I stopped and got gas today from a station I have not used before. Around 15 miles after getting gas I was making a slow u-turn and the f1 lamp came on. I pulled off to the side of the road and it stalled. After turning the key to the off position and back on, it started right back up and ran fine with no lamp. Rode it home with no problems. Any thoughts on what caused this? I put a K&N air filter on it(wanted stock but the K&N was readily available). Could a filter and slip-ons cause a lean condition??? I'm going to pull the airbox tomorrow and check plugs and connectors. Thanks for any insight

Filter and slip ons would not cause it to go lean and stall.
Your problem is something else.

Filter and slip ons would not cause it to go lean and stall.
Your problem is something else.

That's what I was thinking. I also don't think it would be bad gas because the lamp came on. I gapped the plugs to spec and triple checked that the boots were snaped all the way down. I'm stumped.

It's my Florida curse. Been here less than a month and had a tire shred, lowside, old lady hit me the day I put my bike together after the lowside, and now this. At least the weather is good:laugh:

You can ride the bike with the jumper wire in(to check for codes).
The code will only be present when the FI light is on, and codes are not stored in the ecu.
Riding with the jumper wire in will make the "C" and whichever 2 digit trouble code appear on the dash when the light flashes or stays on.
Can make it a little easier to track down a problem this way.:beerchug:

You can ride the bike with the jumper wire in(to check for codes).
The code will only be present when the FI light is on, and codes are not stored in the ecu.
Riding with the jumper wire in will make the "C" and whichever 2 digit trouble code appear on the dash when the light flashes or stays on.
Can make it a little easier to track down a problem this way.:beerchug:

Dang, that's good info sixpack. I can put the jumper on and leave it in permanently?I wonder why in the world Suzuki wouldn't do that from the factory so the code would pop up on the dash.

Dang, that's good info sixpack. I can put the jumper on and leave it in permanently?I wonder why in the world Suzuki wouldn't do that from the factory so the code would pop up on the dash.

Because they want people who aren't org members to have to pay the dealer to diagnose it :)

I checked the plugs today, all were loose. Not hand loose, but very close to it. Those crush washers on the plugs are a bit decieving. I think that was it.:please:

The bike is mad at you for throwing her to the ground!

Back