Stalling

tx05busa

Registered
I have about 6K miles now and started having stalling problems. It usually occurs when Iam coming to a stop and engage the clutch...it just dies, but it starts right up. Then yesterday while it was idling with the choke it cut off by itself. Where should I start trouble shooting first? Anyone heard of similar problems.

Adjust your idle speed to about 1200 RPM
wink.gif

I guess the increase in the idle rpm would help, but it still doesn't explain why it is starting to stall while warming up with the choke engaged.? What about it running too rich?

I guess the increase in the idle rpm would help, but it still doesn't explain why it is starting to stall while warming up with the choke engaged.?  What about it running too rich?
It is not a choke, just a fast idle. Fast idle should be about 2000-2500 when you start it....once it is running for 10-15 seconds
turn it down to about 1500-1800.

Your idle is supposed to be 1050-1150 rpms when the engine is warmed up....1200-1300 rpm works better
wink.gif

Check to see where your idle and fast idle speeds are at now, I think that you will find that they are too low.

This is a common problem with Busa's
wink.gif

wink.gif

I bumped it up to 1200 and it seems to be doing better. I'll have to take it out for a longer ride tomorrow and see if it happens again. I don't know why I keep wanting to call it a choke...thanks for the advice and help.

When I start my bike I always choke it; warm or cold out. It started to die on me when the bike has been fully warmed up and I put it in 1st and then it will die. Starts back up immediately. Sometimes it has died on me when I've been riding for a while and I stop for a light or sign. Again, starts back up right off but why does it do this!

Back