Getting hot cutting off

Dino

VERITAS - AEQUITAS
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone have an answer to this:

When my bike gets not (not overheated) it will stall then not start like the battery is very low. After a it cools a while it seem to reset itself, today I was able to push start it.

Are the over heating, stalling and not restarting related?

Any idea about a resolution?

I have a Batteries Plus batt I bought less than 2 years ago and it does that. I have a new Motobatt ordered. i think the fan sucks the juice out of the inferior battery. If I charge it and then ride it does fine, so that pretty much tells me its the battery

I have a Batteries Plus batt I bought less than 2 years ago and it does that. I have a new Motobatt ordered. i think the fan sucks the juice out of the inferior battery. If I charge it and then ride it does fine, so that pretty much tells me its the battery

Could be thanks.

Check your rectifier and make sure it puts out more than 12v at 5K. If not you may not be charging while you are riding. I cant remember for sure, but I think the manual specs 13.5 to 14v at 5k rpm.

Check your rectifier and make sure it puts out more than 12v at 5K. If not you may not be charging while you are riding. I cant remember for sure, but I think the manual specs 13.5 to 14v at 5k rpm.

Thanks Much. I'll do that, it is also time for a coolant change.

Hey Steph - My first guess would be the battery. Just before I last had to replace my battery, it was doing that. Now, 3 years later...it's doing the same thing. I'm thinking it's time for a battery...

......and hopefully my solution has arrived.
Anyone need a crappy battery plus battery?

IMG_0652.jpg

Back