not fast idle/choke?

eynlai

Registered
It started about 2 weeks ago. Went to ride her after 1 day of laying off of her, and noticed that idle dramatically dropped from around 1050 rpm to about 900 rpm. Stalled going down the street multiple times. Went home, raised the idle to about 1200 rpm. No stalling. But next morning when I went to start her up, noticed fast idle/choke not having any effect. Rode her with no problems for 3 days. Out of curiousity I dialed down the rpm to about 1050 again, and fast idle/choke is still not working.

I'm wondering if the ECU is smart enough to sense that it got really warm over this last week and decided to disable the fast idle/choke by itself. I live in Los Angeles where it's been hitting 100 during the day and about 75 at night and the mornings recently.

Any thoughts? Inputs? Thanks.

you can adjust the fast idle  switch under the tank
i like my idle around 1100-1200 to keep oil pressure up
read this

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1090271671 -->

It is a fast idle not a choke. Idle should be a minimum of 1050, 1100-1200 is better. Fast idle should be about 2000 this is just to warm the bike on a cold start. The adjustment screws need a little Locktite to hold their adjustment. Use medium the blue one

Back