Need help ASAP please

GetU1

Registered
Hello everyone, I ran into a small issue and searched everywhere and can't find an answer. I removed the whole tail section because my brake light is not working, and I have the taillight in my hand but how the heck do I get to the bulbs?? Am I a retarded because it looks like I can not change the bulbs, do I have to get a whole new taillight? I already checked the fuses and they were ok so has to be the taillight bulb, please help

Hmm thats odd that it is showing the whole assembly can you post a pic of the backside light assembly? there has to be some sort of tab or release system.

looks like it is covered by a rubber grommet try gently pulling on it or twitsing it I bet it comes right out.:thumbsup:

The tail light is a complete assembly with LED lights on a circuit board and not easily serviceable. Best bet is to diagnose that the tail lamp is actually bad and not a wiring or switch issue and if it is replace the tail light assembly.

2009 Suzuki Hayabusa Tail Light
Seems to be a reasonably priced unit. There are after market ones but after using a clear alternatives brand in the past i personally will pass and go oem.

Is bike still under warranty?

Last edited:
Just found out that the taillight is not OEM, news to me :cussing:
I'm almost positive that the taillight bulb blew on the aftermarket taillight, because I checked all fuses and they are fine and the actually taillight lights up just not the brake light, is there something I could be missing switch wise or something? Beautiful day out and I'm stuck with this crap, damn. Thanks for everyones help!!

I bought a new OEM tail light and still no brake light when I squeeze the lever, please help me what the heck am I missing here??????:banghead:

get a multi meter and check the plug to see if its getting power. work your way back till you find power.

does it light when you press the foot brake?

are the running lights working?

are the gauge lights working?

All other lights on the bike work? Does the tail light come on using the foot brake?

All of the lights work running lights are on and the cluster is lite up as well, no brake light when I press lever or foot brake. Does the brake light or system have its own fuse? I am going to run back downstairs and put a meter on the plug quick and see.

Make sure it has a good ground, that could cause the issue you are describing.

Just checked all of the fuses again in the fuse box and everything is good with them, still no brake light when lever or foot brake are engaged. I put a volt meter on the plug and power is getting to the plug, but I already knew that because the running light is running.
Someone said to check the ground, where is the ground location for the brake light, the battery terminal? Thanks everyone for your help, this is one of those situations where it needs to get fixed or I CAN"T ride.

there has to be a circuit to activate the brake light. there should be a ground and two hot going to the tailight.

By any chance does anyone know the ground and power colors so I don't go shorting circuits left and right.

Thx ridgeway, gotta run out with the wife now but will tackle this when I get home, i'm gonna punt this freakin bike if I can't figue this out.

Back