need help~~~!

Whats wrong with it it looks great
mod stealing time....how'd you do the turn signals
rock.gif
wachu mean??
you know what i mean you have modded lights and i want them...now spill the beans
remove lenses, clean with dish soap and water, rinse, dry, scuff with gray scuffpad, rinse, dry, vigorously shake rattle can of glossy black, spray one light tack-coat, dry, re-apply as needed until you achieve desired effect. - this is to the OUTSIDE of the lenses,

^^^you cannot see bulbs flashing with this method!^^^

if you want a dark see-thru lens, do this to the INSIDE of the lens, but only a couple light coats. I did this to a tail light lens, and works great.......

any pics of the tailight? I am most interested....
I originally did it too dark.... Thinker62 couldnt see when I was breaking, and almost got into me I think.

then I took some thinner on a rag to the inside of the taillight, cleaned off the 3 center lines... was PERFECT!

sad thing, it got trashed in my wreck, and I haven't smoked the new one yet. maybe I will this weekend since it'll be raining.......

if I do, I'll take pics.

HIM....and anyone else who wants to "blackout" your signals/tailight. There used to be available a taillight balckout paint that worked very well. It came in an aresol can and apply just like any paint. One thing though... it had a "cherry" glow when it was illuminated so it might not be legal on the front in your area! I haven't looked for it in a number of years but it was available at Canadian Tire here in Canada and I would imagine Pep Boys would have something like it in the US.

There is a store here that sells spary window tint. i was gonna try that this weekend. i have a spare set of signals at home so i'll see how it goes

keep in mind, spray window tint is very see-thru-able(couldnt find the other word).... and may not have the desired effect when sprayed on a red or orange surface.

if i get it dark enough it should do the job i hope..ill let you know.

and the word you were looking for is translucent=light passes through or something like that:blush:

okay, found this pic for those of u that like well-used, worn-in, beat-up busas......
hey i like seeing busa with the hell beat out of em then those beauty queens that havent been over 6k...the beat up ones are holding up the busa rep
beerchug.gif

Back