Need help ASAP please

Last quick thing before I go, I had steel braided lines installed on the front on my bike and never really noticed if this problem has been since that happened. Also I can not see any fluid in my resevoir on either handle bar, could this be an issue?? The bike stops fine so I don't know where the hell the fluid is :wtf:

tailight.png

looks like black w/ white trace should be ground.

check other two with multi meter, place one probe on chassis other on lead. see what meter reads. if both are reading check both against the ground. if nothing its the ground lead in the plug. since your blinkers work, they share a common ground, the problem should be right around the plug if i had to guess if its ground related.

feel the wire to see if its brittle in spots and check for melted coating

btw looks like white with black tracer should be hot for brake light.

Last edited:
Last quick thing before I go, I had steel braided lines installed on the front on my bike and never really noticed if this problem has been since that happened. Also I can not see any fluid in my resevoir on either handle bar, could this be an issue?? The bike stops fine so I don't know where the hell the fluid is :wtf:

you took the caps off and no fluid or you cant see it in the sight glass?

yes no fluid is always an issue. shouldnt affect the brake light though.

Can't see any in the glass, regardless im out of commission until this brake situation gets solved so I will buy some fluid and I am going to get an air filter as well. This whole crap is driving me crazy.

Take the reservoir cap off an look to see the fluid level. If you have brakes it have to be getting some fluid.

On the brake light issue, did you adjust the rear pedal lover than factory?

Is the plug to the brake lever switch connected firmly?

Do you hear the brake switch clicking as you pull the lever?

Ok I have just spent hours trying to troubleshoot this problem and still no luck. This is what I found out that is somewhat odd to me, when I put the volt meter on the ground wire and touch either the brown or the white black stripe wire I get power, how come?? Shouldn't I just get power to the brown wire since that is the running light and ONLY get power to the white black stripe wire when I engage a brake lever? I did so many possibilities with the spare tail light I have now.
Example, when I wire the tail light to the ground (black white stripe) and the running light wire (brown) I get the running light on like it should, when I touch the two loose white black stripe wires (brake light) I get the brake light to light up when touched. So that basically tells me a couple things now, A) I bought another tail light for no reason cause the original one still works, B) something is going on that constant power is now going to the brake light and leaving it on when plugged in, C) maybe the 3 way connector that attaches the main harness to the tail light, and signals is bad? or D) How the hell knows where the problem is.

From what I stated is there any other areas I should be checking? Fuses are good, battery is good, power is going to the connectors just constant all the time......Thanks again fellas, talk about crap timing when riding season is finally here

unplug one of the switches at a time and see if you lose power, one could be stuck open or adjusted improperly.

are you sure its just the running light on and not the brake light?

one easy way to see is to make a jumper from harness to tailight. connect the ground, touch one side of the hot to each side of the tailight and see if it gets brighter. dont let them touch togethoer hot and ground. or youll be replacing fuse then.

Last edited:
Yes I did exactly that with a jumper, and thats why I know what colors light up what. With the disconnecting, what do you actually mean? This is such a weird situation I am in with my bike, signals and everything work, but have no clue what the heck is going on here. :please:

Did you buy the bike used or new...?

Before you mess with all that other stuff, have you checked to see if the sensors are plugged in and working on the brake lever and foot lever?

It's the little black sensor behind the ankle guard that the spring hooks from and there is a plug on the lever mount also...

Last edited:
What sensors? I checked the clips that are on the lever and footbrake, only reason I don't think that is the issue is because atleast one of them would be working. The bike is used and everything was working perfectly fine and then all of a sudden no brake light. I'm about to give up on the $hit

This is what I would try... take the test light or volt meter and check from a good ground ( battery -) to the positive wich is W/B for the brake light and use either the front brake or rear and see what you get. If no result try putting a 10a fused positive to that W/B wire for the tail light and see if it lights up. We need to know if it a voltage issue or ground issue first. I am thinking a voltage so far..

If you have a voltage issue check the switches working back to the fuse box...rear brake switch has O/G constant and W/B switched... front brake switch has B/R constant and B/BL switched ... check both sides for a bad switch ( both sides are positive when brake is applied ) #5 fuse should be the source...

ok heres a thought is the taillight real brite if so the brake light might be on so pulling the levers wont have an effect try unplugging both brake light switches and see if the taillight gets dimmer

unplug one of the switches at a time and see if you lose power, one could be stuck open or adjusted improperly.

are you sure its just the running light on and not the brake light?

one easy way to see is to make a jumper from harness to tailight. connect the ground, touch one side of the hot to each side of the tailight and see if it gets brighter. dont let them touch togethoer hot and ground. or youll be replacing fuse then.

Yes I did exactly that with a jumper, and thats why I know what colors light up what. With the disconnecting, what do you actually mean? This is such a weird situation I am in with my bike, signals and everything work, but have no clue what the heck is going on here. :please:

if youre getting power on both sides, 12v, id say one of your controls/switches are improperly adjusted.

unplug the switches, one at foot brake other at hand brake. do one at a time until it goes off. if it stays on, they br and w/b are toucing somewhere.

ok heres a thought is the taillight real brite if so the brake light might be on so pulling the levers wont have an effect try unplugging both brake light switches and see if the taillight gets dimmer

+1

That's why I would check the foot pedal sensor in case it's triggered... ;)

OMG fellas I found the freakin problem :beerchug: There is something wrong with the foot brake wiring that is leaving the brake like on at all time, WTF, I disconnected the senor and BAM we have brake light. I want to thank everyone for helping me diagnosis this problem, this is an example why enthusiast get on forums to help each other out :thumbsup: THANKS!!
I learned alot about my busa in 2 days and ripped the bike apart looking for the problem, now that she is apart I have a BMC filter and pair valve mod getting done tommorrow, I guess some good came out of this misery. Honestly thank you again everyone. Time to get a freakin drink now!!

OMG fellas I found the freakin problem :beerchug: There is something wrong with the foot brake wiring that is leaving the brake like on at all time, WTF, I disconnected the senor and BAM we have brake light. I want to thank everyone for helping me diagnosis this problem, this is an example why enthusiast get on forums to help each other out :thumbsup: THANKS!!
I learned alot about my busa in 2 days and ripped the bike apart looking for the problem, now that she is apart I have a BMC filter and pair valve mod getting done tommorrow, I guess some good came out of this misery. Honestly thank you again everyone. Time to get a freakin drink now!!

Congrats :cheerleader: :beerchug:

Back