Need Drive Chain and Sprockets

I running over 200hp with mods and NOS,what do you recommend for drive chain,also would like to go up a couple of teeth.any help apprecciated

(DEVLDOG @ Feb. 02 2007,12:02) I running over 200hp with mods and NOS,what do you recommend for drive chain,also would like to go up a couple of teeth.any help apprecciated
Pm sent cat3

I would ask first if DD do you ride on the street alot or just track use?give me a %...

(GoldenChild @ Feb. 02 2007,14:03)
(DEVLDOG @ Feb. 02 2007,12:02) I running over 200hp with mods and NOS,what do you recommend for drive chain,also would like to go up a couple of teeth.any help apprecciated
Pm sent cat3

I would ask first if DD do you ride on the street alot or just track use?give me a %...
street now,but am planning on some track when the weather turns in the spring.but 99% street

GC, I'm gonna be in the market before too long as well..

Do you recommend steel or alum rear? The OE is alum..right? With 7300 miles, the teeth on mine are beginning to look a bit curved....

Also...what is the smart way to lower the ratio.. do the 16t front? or the 43t rear?

stock gearing is 17/40 with steel rear. alum is a good light sprocket but won't last near as long as steel. a very popular gear is 16/42 for the busa.

I've seen a lot of damaged alum, if you play a lot go steel IMHO
all_coholic.gif

RK chain and spockets are great. stock gearing for me. Throttle control equals mind blowing launches.

(mjn @ Feb. 03 2007,13:22) GC, I'm gonna be in the market before too long as well..

Do you recommend steel or alum rear?   The OE is alum..right?  With 7300 miles, the teeth on mine are beginning to look a bit curved....

Also...what is the smart way to lower the ratio..  do the 16t front? or the 43t rear?
Use the PBI sprockets and you won't ever buy steel again...I have watched people bust them and gave them a Pbi one with a guarantee and they are still on the bike to this day with NO FAILURES....Street and Track Proven with big hp.

How much you weigh and what is your riding style should determine your sprocket tooth selection.

(yamahor @ Feb. 02 2007,11:39)
(GoldenChild @ Feb. 02 2007,14:12) Stock length bike $245 tyd for all new chain and both sprockets...price applies if you buy it all as a kit.I have chains for Longer Bikes also..ZZZ available also.
Good price... I personally wouldn't trust a 520 chain with my hooligan antics. Golden Child, You might be hearing from me soon for a chain... depends on when I get my tax returns.
wink.gif
DJ "Sageronin" has a 520 chain on the Busa I built, he barreled past many in the mountains of WV last year. He also has BST wheels which reduces the wear on the chain. Same 520 chain for over 6000 miles now with zero issues. Spent two hours on the dyno today with that same chain, still rock solid.

So for twisty carving its a must, if you are into proper set-up and performance. If you are a larger rider or spend a lot of time at the strip the 520 is not your choice. I guess the Moto GP and AMA bike's using a 520 chain with 200-240 hp+ powering out of turns, downshifting and so forth, guess their set-up guys need some help...
laugh.gif

I need not say no more about the PBI Sprockets...Compare for yourself...New vs 12k miles....Hardly worn...and only changing now due to a wreck rebuild...

IMG_4662.JPG

new on bottom,used on top...See any Distortion,twisting or not even a chain groove around edges....12k miles later...

IMG_4663.JPG

(basscrazy @ Feb. 02 2007,08:32)
(DEVLDOG @ Feb. 02 2007,07:59) how bout a group buy,I can use a new chain and sproket,would like to go up a couple of teeth in the rear.
GPW is offering a Feb. Special on this very thing...
Stock chain is a 530 and gears are 17/40...the link is for a 520 with 16/42 gears.

(mjn @ Feb. 03 2007,13:22) GC, I'm gonna be in the market before too long as well..

Do you recommend steel or alum rear?   The OE is alum..right?  With 7300 miles, the teeth on mine are beginning to look a bit curved....

Also...what is the smart way to lower the ratio..  do the 16t front? or the 43t rear?
HD go with the 43 Bro...better for twisties and less stress on the chain.

(GPW @ Feb. 03 2007,17:35)
(GoldenChild @ Feb. 02 2007,14:12) Stock length bike $245 tyd for all new chain and both sprockets...price applies if you buy it all as a kit.I have chains for Longer Bikes also..ZZZ available also.
Good price... I personally wouldn't trust a 520 chain with my hooligan antics. Golden Child, You might be hearing from me soon for a chain... depends on when I get my tax returns.
wink.gif
DJ "Sageronin" has a 520 chain on the Busa I built, he barreled past many in the mountains of WV last year. He also has BST wheels which reduces the wear on the chain. Same 520 chain for over 6000 miles now with zero issues. Spent two hours on the dyno today with that same chain, still rock solid.

So for twisty carving its a must, if you are into proper set-up and performance. If you are a larger rider or spend a lot of time at the strip the 520 is not your choice. I guess the Moto GP and AMA bike's using a 520 chain with 200-240 hp+ powering out of turns, downshifting and so forth, guess their set-up guys need some help...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
The GP and AMA guys only need to get a weekend out of those.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(BA BUSA @ Feb. 03 2007,23:21)
wink.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Yes a weekend at a level very few could even imagine. If I wanted a product tested that would be where I would test it, severe duty. Since we are sponsoring (3) AMA professional racers this year. We should have a lot of good data as to what works under pressure. My performance expectations are at the professional level and that will never change over the next 20 years that will become pretty well known.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(BA BUSA @ Feb. 03 2007,23:21)
wink.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Sidewinder “Ti-Series" 530 Chain is the absolute ultimate available. The precious metal alloys and precision pin/sideplate design deliver a tensile strength approaching 16,000 pounds. This custom-made, limited production chain was designed with the custom bike builder in mind that has a mega horsepower engine. If you have built a fire-breathing, extended swingarm, monster race bike, this would be the chain to consider. If you have invested considerable funds in your engine/chassis upgrades, you want the absolute strongest drive system you can get. Sidewinder “Ti-Seriesâ€￾ is for you. This is the chain Robbie Knievel uses on all his death-defying, record jumps. What more can be said….

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back