Need Chain and sprockets: which ones?

drfbusa

Registered
This horse has been beaten
deadhorse.gif
but
google.gif
is missing.

Im in need of a new chain. I linked up with MC Mustang over the weekend and we adjusted my 16000mi now binding chain. I want to do everything right the first time, so Ill replace the chain, front and rear sprockets and cush drive. Im definately a "set it and forget it" type so I want to do it all at once.

My Busa is a touring bike; no dragging, no stunting, no wheelies. As with most of us, this bike has way more potential than my inferior human riding skills can ever out do. As such, I am inclined to maintain its stock gearing. I am open to changes though, but Im not sure what dropping/adding a tooth would do. Like I said, Im not going to drag, race or wheelie it. I would like a chain and sprocket that looks like an after market piece but not all bling-ed out. Im leaning towards a colored chain (gold maybe) but I havent had luck seeing pix of after market chains. I dont want to loose MPG. The ODO goes off the front wheel so gearing wont change the numbers, but will a different sprocket change/correct the speedo?

Thanks

My bike is stock except for a DB screen.

The speedo don't run off the front wheel,runs off a trigger on the counter sprocket.gearing will change the speedo and odometer.want mpg stay with 17/40 [stock gearing]I got my chain from charles at Streetntrack.sight sponcer.he can hook ya up with what ya need.as well as the other sponcers.
EKZZZ chain,don't even have to adjust it.strong.

Just did this, don't forget rear wheel bearings so you don't have to do it later.

Went with D.I.D. gold ZVM2 chain and Vortex Cat5 Black aluminum alloy hardcoat rear sprocket.

LOVE the way the Cat5 looks, also bought ProBolt black sprocket nuts to match...
cool.gif

Vortex_Cat5.jpg

Back