Need a cheap rear tire!

Irish

Registered
Blew my rear the other day, lucky for me i live in the city and there are gas stations everywhere. one can of fix-a-flat made it home (btw u can use fix-a-flat in motorcycle tires just keep ur speed around 30mph, id hate to fall at more than 30). well since the busa is my primary mode of transportation, i need a new tire and the cheaper the better. Since it seems like a great idea to ask the org for suggestions and advice before doing anything, here it goes. First off, i dont care about brands and this is not a which is better thread so lets keep that out of here, what i need is to know where the deals are. i see people talking all the time about the great deals they get on tires and they are more often than not top of the line. dont get me wrong now, im not asking you to do my research for me, i have been looking too, simply asking if u know someone or someplace selling one for the low low price. lets get it on!

A Conti Motion 190/50-17 can be had for $97 shipped (Dennis Kirk). Supposed to be a decent handling tire that will last about 3-4000 miles.

You will almost always get a better deal on a pair of tires than just one. You can get a pair of Shinko 009 Ravens for about $155 off of ebay. Similar for Conti Motion Sports (which I think are made by Shinko).

And the deal posted by Tufbusa is still good: $180 for a pair of Pirelli Diablos
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/149749-real-tires-shinko-price-179-99-a.html

New Michelin PR3 180/55/17 $115.00 shipped to your door.

CIMG0001.jpg

ballz has good prices on shinkos. just got a front and rear for like $188. and i think thier a sponsor. :rulez:

Motosport for Michelins, Competition Acessories for Q2's. Me for 2 or 3 free well worn ones I'd like gone. :laugh:

You get what you pay for sir, but Shinko will probably be the cheapest, had to get one bc of an out of town incident a few years ago and it ran about $85 bucks, much cheaper than my front tire.

Blew my rear the other day, lucky for me i live in the city and there are gas stations everywhere. one can of fix-a-flat made it home (btw u can use fix-a-flat in motorcycle tires just keep ur speed around 30mph, id hate to fall at more than 30). well since the busa is my primary mode of transportation, i need a new tire and the cheaper the better. Since it seems like a great idea to ask the org for suggestions and advice before doing anything, here it goes. First off, i dont care about brands and this is not a which is better thread so lets keep that out of here, what i need is to know where the deals are. i see people talking all the time about the great deals they get on tires and they are more often than not top of the line. dont get me wrong now, im not asking you to do my research for me, i have been looking too, simply asking if u know someone or someplace selling one for the low low price. lets get it on!

Too bad you aren't closer, I'd give you a takeoff to get you through for a while.

How about patching the puncture - from the inside by a shop using a mushroom plug and then heat treated? Will work for commuting, although would not be a good idea to go fast.

New Michelin PR3 180/55/17 $115.00 shipped to your door.

CIMG0001.jpg

dang, I just now got shut down on my order for a rear tire, the advertised price was 148 and they just sent me an email saying the price is now 197... told them to honor the price or loose me as a customer and they promptly refunded my $.. anyway how would this tire match up to a Continetal Sport attack front 120/70? I need a rear asap too.

dang, I just now got shut down on my order for a rear tire, the advertised price was 148 and they just sent me an email saying the price is now 197... told them to honor the price or loose me as a customer and they promptly refunded my $.. anyway how would this tire match up to a Continetal Sport attack front 120/70? I need a rear asap too.

The PR3 is a sticky tire. I run them on my Busa.

how about patching the puncture - from the inside by a shop using a mushroom plug and then heat treated? Will work for commuting, although would not be a good idea to go fast.

throw it away!!!!!! :poke:

When it comes to "your life",how much do they cost?

not much!

do you have any bike shops in your area? go ask em if they have any race take off's. I have bought a couple in a needy situation, normally darn good tires really cheap.

Thanks guys, no tracks anywhere close. Guess it wouldn't hurt to ask tho. If that fails, just going to order something.
Posted via Mobile Device

$40 shipped and i'll send you something nice, that should cover shipping.. pm me for paypal addy.. I have some 180 and 190's..

Back