Near miss.

Youkai

Registered
Sunday morning I decided to have a pre-ride before my main ride. I was riding a little more aggressive than usual (Accelerating to the speed limit as fast as possible). I was making a left turn with 3 cars ahead of me. Well the first car after the turn decided he didn't want to go this way and stopped in the middle of the road to make a left into a closed parking lot. The two cars ahead of me slammed on their brakes (white smoke from their tires) and me about 10 feet from the car ahead of me. I gradually applied brake pressure to the front but locked up the rear. I stopped with about a foot between me and the car. The rear slid a little but nothing to cause a panic. I was going about 35 mph when this happened and I was wearing my gear (always) just in case.

Glad you didn't hit the car.
biggrin.gif

We all need to practice emergency braking more!!

Ever since my brother and I got bikes, we have been keeping tabs on who is a safer rider. My brother has had 4 near misses and 0 crashes while I have been clean. This was my first near miss on a street bike, so now my brother can rub something in my face.

If your not having "near misses" with cages on the road then your probably not riding enough!
wow.gif
I have them on a weekly basis
mad.gif

Back