Names of the Hayabusa

Bo_

Registered
Just curious if Busa's in your area have a nick name.

With our little crew, other than the obvious "Busa" the other couple names that come up quite frequent are "Boo" and "Hyabishi" pronounced "hi-a-bee-shee"

Not a thread for your pet name of your bike, but generic names of the Busa.  
idea3.gif

Plus, Why is Hayabusa pronounced "Hi-a-busa"? Or how do you guys pronounce Hayabusa?

This subject may have been beat to death before.

Accidently gave mine a little too much throttle after picking up at the dealer (front end got real light), (Whoa!, Down Simba!) were the words that just came out of my mouth.

OOP's I guess this WOULD be a pet name
offtopic.gif

I've read in at least two articles on the Hayabusa where the author affectionately calls it the "HAY BUS", I like that, therefore.......

P1000901.JPG

I once heard a Hillbilly looking kinda guy call it a Haya-bu-see.

And once when asked by a Harley ower what I rode, I said, a Hayabusa to which he asked a Haya-who?? He had never heard of it, and his obvious next question was, What size? I replied 1300cc, and he replied his was 1500cc with a smirk on his face suggesting he thought he had more horsepower. Little do they know...
cool.gif

Well, in my riding group there are 2 of us with Busas. The other guys wife calls them "widowmakers" for some reason. personally, I think I'd kill myself a lot faster on a liter bike.

I have heard them refered to as a Bus, widowmaker was big for a short time for any scoot.
Standard rice burner... etc.

My dad works in a hospital and they've called motorcyclists that come in "Donor-Cyclists" which is pretty morbid. He's a biker himself.

My mom can't pronounce Hayabusa and there have been quite a few variations when she talks about it. One day she was giving me some advice and told me, "so get off your haya-caboose-a and do something about it."

I thought that was her best pronunciation!

I let a friend ride mine once, he got off of it shaking his head ......g "torque monster"
beerchug.gif

And once when asked by a Harley ower what I rode, I said, a Hayabusa to which he asked a Haya-who??  He had never heard of it, and his obvious next question was, What size?  I replied 1300cc, and he replied his was 1500cc with a smirk on his face suggesting he thought he had more horsepower.  Little do they know...  
cool.gif
A few times a year a group i ride with take a trip from columbus ohio to my buddies house boat in eastern kentucky...it seems everybody in eastern kentucky calls my bike a BU-SEE.....all the harley guys on the ride get a kick out of this...(think about what bu-see rhymes with)...the jokes stop when we get on the throttle though..
laugh.gif

And once when asked by a Harley ower what I rode, I said, a Hayabusa to which he asked a Haya-who??  He had never heard of it, and his obvious next question was, What size?  I replied 1300cc, and he replied his was 1500cc with a smirk on his face suggesting he thought he had more horsepower.  Little do they know...  
cool.gif
laugh.gif
ive heard the same HAY A WHO??? race him for pinks.
whistling.gif

Back