The long way to a Hayabusa :)

Welcome to .org dimitri. I dont think there is any such thing as a "more forgiving" bike! They all sting if you dont respect them. You are bound to get hurt on any bike if you try to cross the limit. I presume it would be a good idea to go for the busa as your first bike... but dont get carried away with its heavy throtle:)

Just my 2 cents....

NE has it right.I also think it depends on what other performance machines that you have spent some time on.
I went from Yamaha 650 special to Suzuki 1100 GS to a Busa twenty years later. All the advise said dont make that last jump. Thats BS if you have any experience with performance machines then that will carry over to the Busa. As bikes go on that list of mine I got in more trouble on the first two than the last one. The Busa is a great bike to ride.

To ride safe and confident on a Busa is building up your confidence and safty on the 500cc or 600cc tha you are looking at.  You can be just as NOT safe on a smaller bike.  Ride with your head and not your balls and you will know when you are ready.  Ride the way you like and want not how others wnat you to ride and you will be fine.
I'm bacharles and I approve Ninja Eater's message...
biggrin.gif

No one can really tell which bike is best for you. You need to make that call. Yea, it's safe to say start small, but the busa is pretty dam tame unless you get on it and stay on it. You will know inside as you start to ride if you feel comfortable. It is seat time that you need my friend...like others have said don't try to hang with other and ride over your head. Take it slow, no matter which bike you choose. You can die on any of them! Hell, a 600 will get to 160 in the blink of an eye. If you hit something at that speed - dude dead's dead. Have fun, you may consider attending a track day in the future riding the beginner class. You can really test your abilities and understand what the bike is capable of . That is valuable info in an emergency situation on the street. Keep the shinny side up man !!
biggrin.gif

Let's get real here...the busa, quite simply, is not a beginners machine...too powerful, too heavy and too damn fast...and if you do crash it, too damn expensive to repair...

If you do get one give it respect...

Back