Learn to Wheelie...the right way.

Thanks for the advice. Sorry to hear about the accident.
Definitely not looking to show off, or wheelie around anyone. Nice quiet place, it's and art I would like to learn. Hence testing the waters by asking. I should have prefaced it by saying I am 36, and have been riding dirt bikes since i was 12. Had lots of bikes, and have pulled some half-saa wheelies in my day, but never had a machine with the grunt power that could do it with the right crack of the throttle. I have had the busa for year, and cpl ninja's before that. I have lifted the front wheel on it a couple of times just opening it up a bit when on a safe, straight, stretch. But wondering how hard it is to acheive an actual, front wheel up downt he road true wheelie. After reading what others wrote, I will likely try at some point hopefully in a secluded place with all my gear on; if it feels right.
Thanks for your advice, and for sharing. Appreciate it.
T

Wheelies are cool but IMHO have no place on public roads, That being said I can wheelie for miles on anything with two wheels and i have the scars, a metal femur, a metal Tibia, a metal Fibula to prove it! But, if you want to be a jack ass and ride wheelies and show off to your friends get a bicycle and learn the art of wheelie balance and then you can wheelie anything! again MHO

To each their own but the repair bills for a Busa (even just falling over from the kickstand) get very expensive real fast. Medical bills pile up even faster. I'd advise against using the Busa for performing and stunts with, best suited for a dirt bike.

Crashing is not a requirement when learning to ride on one tire, front or back. It's all about bike control. How do you eat an elephant? One small bite at a time. Same for mastering bike control, one small step at a time. It helps to have a mentor whom is well schooled at whatever skill you wish to accomplish to get you started on proper technique right from the get go. Bad habits are developed into muscle memory with time. Practice makes permanent whether it's a good or bad technique.

I wheelie one time. By accident. I think I pooped a little.. :rofl: It went straight up in the air like it was a bucking horse. front end came down hard. lucky i didnt blow the fork seals. Ill pass on the stunting. I like both wheels on the ground. Be careful and get one of those cage wraps that bolt on to the frame so it wont do any damage to the frame. Man i dont think i would want to learn to wheelie on a busa...

I whee-lied one time.

By accident.

I think I pooped a little . . . :rofl:

It went straight up in the air like it was a bucking horse.

Front end came down hard.

Lucky I didn't blow the fork seals.

I'll pass on the stunting.

I like both wheels on the ground.

Be careful and get one of those cage wraps that bolt on to the frame so it wont do any damage to the frame.

Man I don't think I would want to learn to wheelie on a Hayabusa . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back