NADA(national american dealer association) values 1999 busa

LeDauz

Registered
Ok was checking NADA for the value on a hog for my dad and I decided to look at the value of my busa not bad about 8K (what i paid for it 2 years ago) and will never sell.

Then i decided what the heck lets see what a copper head goes for and i look then omfg 2600$ stock and 2900$ for one with exhuast

Now please if anyone one sees one gong for this price pm me and ill buy it

serouis side though

Has anyone ever seen a busa go for 2600-3000$ thats in working order and just has high miles and old??? ?

Not realistic at all, good luck finding one for even close to that. I have seen some for 4000-4500.

What scares me is, is that the value the insurance puts on it if it is stolen or totaled? Is there any law that makes them give me a real value that would let me replace it?

thats exactly what i figured because i've also never seen one go for less then 4500 with out problems

as far as insurance goes have it apraised and send the paper work into your insurance and tell them this is what its worth and that you want it insured for that amount

because thats what most ppl do with custom vehicels or moded vehicels

When you buy insurance you are entering into a written contract with detailed instructions as to what and how your insured item will be valued. I think you should read the contract carefully before purchase. You can negotiate the contract before purchase, after purchase you are bound by the content of the contract.

Not realistic at all, good luck finding one for even close to that. I have seen some for 4000-4500.

What scares me is, is that the value the insurance puts on it if it is stolen or totaled? Is there any law that makes them give me a real value that would let me replace it?

You can get STATED Value Insurance. Just ask, because mainly the cost on Bike Insurance is in the Med and Liability section :thumbsup: .

This auction ended yesterday...the bike sold with a high bid of $8,200. I know there's a possibility that his friends bid the price up, or the winning bidder will never actually pay, but their is also the possibility that the auction was legit.

Project2.jpg

Some moto magazines whined that the first gen Busas were so out of style. Uh, is a 55 Chevy out of style? How about a '40 Ford coupe? Or a '60s Chevelle?

The first gen bikes are always going to be cool because they were the first. And they go like a bat out of hell. Someday you will look back at $8K and say those were the good old days.

and here's where mine came from (october 2008). Stock except for full hindle exhaust and zero gravity smoked screen.

Project3.jpg

Two years ago I almost paid 10k for a brand new '99 copper with 1 or 2 miles on it. It was up in Alaska. Guy won it in a raffle supposedly. Then there was another down in GA, same situation. Ended up buying one in near mint condition for $6k, 17k miles, 2 yrs ago.

It only takes two people to make an auction.

I have purchased lots of heavy equipment at auctions over the years. Sometimes there is only one serious bidder and a piece will go cheap. However, the dealers keep you honest as they are looking for the steals. However, I have also seen auction items sell for well over retail if you have two or more bidders who are determined to that it home with them on that day!

Chance you take when you put anything up for auction.

This auction ended yesterday...the bike sold with a high bid of $8,200. I know there's a possibility that his friends bid the price up, or the winning bidder will never actually pay, but their is also the possibility that the auction was legit.

a 99 with only 3K on it? ???

Those book values are garbage IMO and are only used by insurance companies to screw us. Somethings value is determined by how much someone wants it.:thumbsup:

I use those as a guide as to what I should pay for the vehicle. I like to see the vehicle in person.

NADA is based on what vehicles are going for WHOLESALE and at auctions etc.. and its also slightly inflated because that is what dealers use when they want to get financing.. for example, the higher the NADA value of the vehicle, the better chance you will get financed even if you owe more on your trade. Banks hate financing vehicles for more than they are "worth." Mileage and year are the main factors, along with condition.

But you also have to understand that even if the bike is "'worth" 3,000...there will always be someone willing to pay more than that..there is a certain point where they stop dropping.

I just sold my 99 copper for 4500. Had 38k on the clocks and a load of extras. I hated to see it go but I had to do it.

Josh

Back