Trade Value ? My Zx10 For Another Busa

camaroguy72

Registered
Regretting selling my last busa, opportunity came to trade even for another one.

My bike- 08 zx10r. slip on, bazazz, stainless lines, etc. 33k miles.
His bike- 00 busa. stretched/lowered. 1397, undercut trans, recent tires and maintenance. He doesn't know a lot about it other than he bought it 8 years ago from a guy who built it in Miami. 17k miles.

Seems like a fair trade to me. What's a 1397 00 busa valued at?

Well if you been around bikes any length of time you know mods mean diddly. In my area, iowa, a 2000 with those miles wold run 4k maybe 5 at most.

Better question what kind of riding are you doing ?
Track days / canyons ? Or light to light cruising ?
Riding any distance ?

Assuming since its stretched and lowered etc. it was at least intended to be a race bike. Is the seller a member of this forum? Likely someone here knows the bike or owner. Pretty vague info to give any kind of definitive answers.

I had the busa, sold it when I got a road king for long distance cruising. Hated that, sold it and while looking for my next ride I bought my buddies R6 for a track bike. I also bought a VFR 800 shortly after. Rode the R6 at the track 1x in 1.5 years, the VFR was gutless but put 10k miles on it in a year. Bought the zx10 thinking I would have the ability to be at the track more or in the mountains, which is false. So, the busa is all purpose. I'll lift it back to stock height, maybe raise it. This would be my 3rd busa, if you search my history you'll see I once installed a 600 swingarm on mine for handling purposes.

Seller isn't on here from what I can tell. Military guy, bought it in 2008/9. Bike was fully setup , 24v, air shifter, etc. He removed the air shifter though.

It seems like an even trade, just trying to get a feeler. I figure my zx10 is on the low end worth 5k.

Regretting selling my last busa, opportunity came to trade even for another one.

My bike- 08 zx10r. slip on, bazazz, stainless lines, etc. 33k miles.
His bike- 00 busa. stretched/lowered. 1397, undercut trans, recent tires and maintenance. He doesn't know a lot about it other than he bought it 8 years ago from a guy who built it in Miami. 17k miles.

Seems like a fair trade to me. What's a 1397 00 busa valued at?

Do you trust this person or does he have paperwork to back up the work

Last edited:
Back