want to trade busa for concours

euroR

Registered
Well thinking of trading my 2008 az blue busa. I have 28k miles new tires and chain. Yoshi carbon slipons. Want to do a trade for kawasaki concours. What should i be looking to get. I live temp in cali.
Posted via Mobile Device

Test ride the Kawi 14, read bad reviews about the bikes cornering, it was actually rated worse over all the other tourers tested. The BMW K, Yamaha FJR, Honda and triumph. You may want to look at the FJR and Honda also. But I kinda feel the same way you do atm I want a dedicated Sport Tourer but can't seem to find a way to have both :down:

Well thinking of trading my 2008 az blue busa. I have 28k miles new tires and chain. Yoshi carbon slipons. Want to do a trade for kawasaki concours. What should i be looking to get. I live temp in cali.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well I went the other way and traded my FJR Yamaha for the Busa. I thought I would like it but for one I don't do a lot of touring. It got boring real fast. I felt like an old man on it. (Of which I am 53). Had nice features like ABS, Sync front and rear braking, nice luggage lots of room, Electric adjustable wind screen etc...but BORING. You go on the sport touring sites...BORING. One thing I did not like about the FJR was the Buzzing you would get at 4000 rpm going the the highway. By the time you got to your distination your hands were numb. Did I mention BORING:poke:

you would think that zuki could just add a big subframe to the busa to handle a big double seat and hang some bags off and add a set of five inch risers with body work that comes up higher up front and call it a day. They wouldn't even have to retune as the busa has enough torq to pull it up the big hill. I could live with a chain drive for that touring rig. If it weighed another 100pounds it would still be in the sport Touring segment and would eat them all up. I guess you could add another gallon or two of fuel if you wanted

Funny you should mention the Connie today as I am looking at adding a Concours to the fleet as well. They make a great everyday bike. I have two friends on the Concours and both love them.

I agree that any touring bike becomes boring fairly quickly unless you have a destination in mind and want comfort for long rides.

However, I'm keeping the busa. :bowdown:

Well I went the other way and traded my FJR Yamaha for the Busa. I thought I would like it but for one I don't do a lot of touring. It got boring real fast. I felt like an old man on it. (Of which I am 53). Had nice features like ABS, Sync front and rear braking, nice luggage lots of room, Electric adjustable wind screen etc...but BORING. You go on the sport touring sites...BORING. One thing I did not like about the FJR was the Buzzing you would get at 4000 rpm going the the highway. By the time you got to your distination your hands were numb. Did I mention BORING:poke:
Personally I don't ride to drone long distances on interstates across vast amounts of country. I have a car for that. I ride for the rush of acceleration, and twisting through beautiful curvy countryside. So I agree with the boring part :laugh:

Yeah, I bought and sold the my FJR after a season of use. I just could not get into the bike.

I actually was going to buy a connie before I found my Busa. I just couldn't shell out that kind of cash at the time. I love my Busa and will probably never get rid of her but, I still have a crush on the concours.

I was very close to buying a Connie before I picked up the new Busa. They're very nice bikes and still sporty enough to have a pretty good time. ...quite comfy going down the road too.

Ok i thought hard and i cant get rid of the busa. Maybe when i pay her off i get another bike. Maybe concours or gt1600 bmw. Who knows. As long as we dont get invaded by the 3 ufos heading to earth lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Didn't hear anything about the ufos, but I do know I want a Concours 14 BAD!
I too almost bought one instead of the 'Busa. I do love the 'Busa, but there will be a Connie in the garage most likely by the end of next year at this rate... I just hope the 'Busa stays too...

I love the concours also, actually going to get rid of the BMW for one once I find what I want.
Need something that is comfy for 2 up and luggage that looks great with some nice electronics but still sporty in the corners.

I set out for something like the Connie14. Would love hard bags to carry my briefcase and laptop and that would lock up my gear so I could enter the office looking like a regular professional. Dont really need it as a tourer.
you would think that zuki could just add a big subframe to the busa to handle a big double seat and hang some bags off and add a set of five inch risers with body work that comes up higher up front and call it a day. They wouldn't even have to retune as the busa has enough torq to pull it up the big hill. I could live with a chain drive for that touring rig. If it weighed another 100pounds it would still be in the sport Touring segment and would eat them all up. I guess you could add another gallon or two of fuel if you wanted
I've said this many times. It would be a piece of cake. The Connyis really too upright anyway.

Or a new Bandit, with the Busa engine :laugh: - tune it for torque, that would rip.

Or a new Bandit, with the Busa engine :laugh: - tune it for torque, that would rip.

Why does every sweet naked or touring bike always have to get neutered? Aka "tuned for torque" ???
:banghead:

Posted with my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk.

Back