Duc 999 value?

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
My buddy is selling his 2004 999. It looks and sounds awesome but I know very little about Duc's

I looked on NADA price is $7132 - $9100

Craigslist has them from about $8k and up

Anyone know whats the real value in todays market?

Bike details :

xlnt condition
6800 miles
recent 6k valve adjust and new belt
Termignoni upgrade exhaust with ECU chip replacement
Power commander with custom map
New battery
Pirelli Diablo tires in very good condition
Woodcraft vented clutch cover with slider
Woodcraft fully adjustable rearsets
Carbon rear hugger

Last edited:
999s are from 03-05 if I'm not mistaken. They went from single sided swingarm back to regular swingarm for the later models. Awesome bikes, its just a maintenance "pocket hole" if you ride a lot.

The 999 is a great superbike. That means it has all the down sides of a superbike. I bought a new 05 and traded it in 09.
The 05 was rated at 140hp
Riding position is tight. Mirrors are useless.The chassis is light and incredibly nimble. The down side to that is that it transfers every bump to you.
The 999 is recommended to have the Valves adjusted every 6k miles. an that can get pricey.
Stock gearing is incredibly tall and most people who rith them on the street swap out the rear sprocket.
If you can live with the down sides , this is bike that is better than 99% of the riders out there. I would describe the chassis as telepathic, and if it is in tune it has torque the way only a twin can have.
They are a great bike.
Real world prices are lower than most Ducs. 6500 to 8k is bout what you might expect to pay

Last edited:
The economy really sucks ATM.
I have a buddy selling his Parts unlimited 999S model.
They only made 150 total and is not even getting a call on 12K OBO.
Books for 13.9.

I have one and very happy with it never had a problem, the 999 came out in 2003, in 2005 few changes were made to the cams, swing-arm etc, you need to make sure its been serviced regularly (once every 6k iles or every two years) and that involves valve adjustment and belts change as others stated, other than that, if the sound, knee dragging and the looks are your thing then you gonna love it.
good luck :thumbsup:

Back