My wifes new ride !!

How did you talk her into this? Been trying to persuade wifey to become a rider but it's a flat no to-date... ???

Congrats! I really miss riding with my wife. What's the model? Engine sort of looks like the venerable 400/450 twin, although the cam caps are different.

Great looking bike for the wife! :thumbsup: You could have her haul the sandwiches! :laugh:
128243d1233798884-my-wifes-new-ride-suzuki-gz250.jpg

I think that's great, if she's not a member she needs to sign up. She can join me as a groupie :laugh:

Very cool. Hope she can keep up. My Wife & I have been riding together for 7 years. She does track days too.

Thanks everyone-thanks so much for all the friendly replies.This forum is unlike ANY other-you guys (and gals) are great.
Thats exactly what it is-a GZ250.It's the perfect starter bike-especially for someone so small like her.I think I'll buy her a steak dinner when we go out instead of having her haul sandwiches.Come to think of it,sandwiches are not a bad idea though.:thumbsup:I wanted to keep the family powersports tradition of SUZUKI of course.It's neat when your wife says "I want a bike-but it has to be a Suzuki".:laugh: Life is grand!
Mike

Thats awesome news, i always like hearing wives getting there own bike to ride along with there husbands. She will have a blast, congrats :thumbsup:

Great next she'll be complaining about the lack of power and you'll be buying her a gixxer and full leathers... This will come back to haunt you...

Now my horror story the wifey pressured me into buying her a ninja 650R 2006 so we did and then of course everything I buy she has to have it too... Bootsx2...New HelmetX2, new jacketX2 and so on but she's now whining about the lack of power, great... Use to be I could get away from that...

YEA!:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:
It's always great to see more Women riders! Make sure she takes the MSF and get her some good gear. A few tips
Remember it's really easier to learn on smaller bikes because they are NOT so heavy fast or intimidating. A smaller slower bike is more forgiving and lkess likely to get you in over your head. If you start out small you always have the option to go back and buy bigger faster newer whatever. IF on the other hand she gets in over her head and gets scared or hurt the odds are pretty high that she will be done.
don't pressure her about speed or distance just let her ride as fast or far as she is comfortable with. Be patient some times it takes us girls a little longer to get in the groove. Make sure she has good quality gear and it fits well. Don't take her on big group rides until she is comfortable riding with one or two other bikes so she doesn't get overwhelmed or feel pressured to ride faster than she is ready for.Most important make sure she has fun!
Marie
HeavyBusRacing.com

P.S. pretty bike btw!

Last edited:
Back