Need help finding a bike for my short wife.

Dangerously, I checked out your page. Nice bike (busa) and the vtr well, colors...well, what you said, WTF. lol. I checked out ebay and the only one's I saw that she was interested in were either compromable in price to the new one or you had to drive to BFE or arrange shipping on you own.

If the power if there to ride at decent hwy speeds we are sold (unless some one else wants to chime in with needed info) on the ZX250. Put it on the Kawi card (no intrest or payments for a year or something) and pay it off over the next few months. We will probably just drive a few miles to the shop tomorrow. Sometimes you have to pay a few extra $ to avoid hastles. Chris

Kawasaki EX500 or 250 Ninja Buell blast Pocketbike?
tounge.gif

Sometimes you have to pay a few extra $ to avoid hastles.  Chris
Thanks for the compliments on the busa.
smile.gif
It's pretty stock right now, except for the HID light, double bubble, and a few other things.

I agree... it's only money. You have to do what makes you happy ot you'll just regret it. We looked at the 250 kawi, too (a friend almost bought one for his girlfriend last year). Before I found the VTR, we were looking at the Kawi 250, a used Honda Rebel, and a couple of used 250 nighthawks. She wasn't sure if she wanted a cruiser or a more sporty bike (I have both types - Busa and a Honda VTX1800) as her 'step up' after the 250, but after the VTR, she says she likes the riding position more than the cruisers, and the way it handles, too (she's always liked the way the busa corners when she's on it with me). I guess I got lucky when I found the VTR for her, though. Anyway, get something she likes and go for it!

Has she ridden before? Will she be taking the MSF course? My gf is signed up for the MSF, but her class isn't until June (they fill up fast - she signed up in March), so she got her permit, I found a decent teaching syllabus, an empty parking lot, and we went to work. I was careful not to push her too hard, and when she got tired we either took a break or quit for the day.

http://www.icbc.com/Licensing/lic_utility_resman_tuningup_r.html
http://www.dot.state.az.us/MVD/driver/motorcycle/mcmanual/pguide.htm

I also got her a copy of "Proficient Motorcycling : The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well" by David L. Hough. It's a great book for new riders.

I agree rubbersidedown.  Another concern is we watched that discovery channel show about the women riders last night.  We were planning on going on a trip anyways and saw the roads through Monument Valley, Utah...and OMG.  It has always been a long time dream to ride west, I guess a latent "easy rider" desire.  We got a bunch of those "mini vacations" that you get at a time share tour.  They are spread all over the place, Arizona, CA, Montana...Anyway we will be riding from NC for days and days and days...  I wonder how comfortable the 250 would be riding at 80-100mph over long distances.  I noticed it is liquid cooled.  Any thoughts.  Chris
thats gonna be up 2 her . She gonna need help frm u an' us. I think . On the long haul :
Get her too change her position as much as possible here an' there...heels on pegs....toes on pegs...yadda yadda.
Squeeze the tank with knees(takes pressure off back,wrists,etc etc .
Arch the back . Bigtime important . I think, anyway . Try this...sit totally normal in a chair at the kitchen table . Rest your hands face down on the table . There's considerable pressure on them . The wrists . etc etc.
NOW , arch yer back , chest/boobs out , sit tall , stomach tight . Feel that ? A lot of pressure just came off yer hands.
There are all sorts of tricks . Let her rest ...A LOT .
Fatigue.....is a killer , LITTERALLY . Ever notice how yer ridin' goes to crap when yer cold ? you know , off-season riding . Or if yer tired . Yer brain does not function as good when yer hurtin' or tired . Take lots of breaks . Walk around here an' there, when you can .
Dont let her start hurtin' . You'll regret it . Trust me .
Have a good one bro.....Rub'her .

NC I would be hesitant to buy a ZX250 just because it may be really hard to sell and it would be really tiring riding a parallel twin on trips. Just my 2 cents.

Back