my weekend trip

teamorion22

Registered
I went to visit my friend's father in law this weekend, Ken Cook.

kencookoutdoors.com - Home

His property is near Lawton, Ok. I had a blast. He owns a lot of land and his own game. So hunting season doesn't apply. He retired from the bass pro tour and now sells guided hunts on his land. Trophy buck, bison, elk, turkey. Super cool guy. He has an area set up for a gun range and archery. I am left handed so I didn't get to shoot a bow because I suck and do not own one but I left a lot of brass behind me. I shot my first .30 06 and loved it. I think I will be buying one soon.

Here are some pics form inside his home.
There is a pic of an 8pt buck and a couple doe that I took form his back porch!

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

if you visit his website, at the bottom of the home page there is a vid of a Bull Elk fighting a Bull Buffalo. also taken form his back porch. his place is incredible

Let me guess, no animals were harmed in the production of this thread :laugh: Glad you had fun :thumbsup:

I went to visit my friend's father in law this weekend, Ken Cook.

kencookoutdoors.com - Home

His property is near Lawton, Ok. I had a blast. He owns a lot of land and his own game. So hunting season doesn't apply. He retired from the bass pro tour and now sells guided hunts on his land. Trophy buck, bison, elk, turkey. Super cool guy. He has an area set up for a gun range and archery. I am left handed so I didn't get to shoot a bow because I suck and do not own one but I left a lot of brass behind me. I shot my first .30 06 and loved it. I think I will be buying one soon.

Here are some pics form inside his home.
There is a pic of an 8pt buck and a couple doe that I took form his back porch!
Hey Man, If you can come to Ga., I'll teach you how to shoot a bow. Left Or Right handed. I shoot a gun left handed and a bow right handed. Eye dominance is the key. If your left eye dominant, keep both eyes open when shooting a bow right handed. You are one lucky dude to have a place like that to go see that kind of wildlife even if you don't hunt them.:thumbsup:

Stuffed animals just weird me out!! :laugh:

My Grand Dad had a stuffed squirrel on a table by where I slept when I visited in the summer, I don't think I slept during those summers except outside on the porch swing in the middle of the day!!

My Grand Dad had a stuffed squirrel on a table by where I slept when I visited in the summer, I don't think I slept during those summers except outside on the porch swing in the middle of the day!!

that sounds like the movie the lost boys. great movie. there was a stuffed squirrel in that movie. but i have never seen one in real life. his home was awesome. a couple of those animals were killed in Africa. a local will clean the game and take the meat it will be eaten locally. then the trophy is take back to the states.

that sounds like the movie the lost boys. great movie. there was a stuffed squirrel in that movie. but i have never seen one in real life. his home was awesome. a couple of those animals were killed in Africa. a local will clean the game and take the meat it will be eaten locally. then the trophy is take back to the states.

That is pretty cool that the animal is not wasted. I always thought trophy animals were.................:beerchug:

Hey Man, If you can come to Ga., I'll teach you how to shoot a bow. Left Or Right handed. I shoot a gun left handed and a bow right handed. Eye dominance is the key. If your left eye dominant, keep both eyes open when shooting a bow right handed. You are one lucky dude to have a place like that to go see that kind of wildlife even if you don't hunt them.:thumbsup:

Or buy a left handed bow....:poke:

Cool pics, I was stationed at FT. Sill and that is a really nice area of the country.

+1 yikes!!

Back